Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
sheppy1 progress thread

Progress Thread: Sheppy1
I've just had a reply. It has its own inbuilt Bluetooth but is not compatible with DAB.

That counts me out as would rather keep DAB
Ah bummer Whelan. From what I understand it also has its own gps? How does that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has its own GPS aerial from what I can see.
I'm gutted as it was looking really promising.

I don't mind losing the Bluetooth for the units inbuilt one but I use DAB every day.

Also something to bare in mind if you ever want DAB
does that mean you cant add an aftermarket dab or are they just on about oem dab
Yeah I've never had dab and don't know what I'm missing so not bothered haha. But with the card slot I can just have a lot of songs on hand lol.

Who did you get a reply off @wheelanuk? I ebay messaged the seller earlier today twice and got no reply!

So I'd lose my factory Bluetooth then??

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I emailed the address on their website. Yeah you would lose factory Bluetooth but the unit has its own.
@rusty2009 said you can do a bit of fiddling to get factory BT working anyway which I hope is still that easy as I really need it... Most used extra feature in my car!

Why what's difference with factory / aftermarket unit?

Russell said the aftermarket one picks up more Road noise

Ah right ok. I don't have factory Bluetooth/dab or anything lol. I'll be happy to have Bluetooth again.. What's the deal with reverse camera then, will that auto detect reverse gear?

Ahhhh see I do and it's great so I'm not losing that! Ha.

Ermmmm not sure yanno! You'd need the reverse camera obviously which doesn't come with it and then not sure how that's wired up.. I'd guess you would have to run a wire the length of the car to the back of the radio as there's a connector for it in the back of the new system....

They're replying to me on ebay now so I'm asking them a bunch of questions...Will probably still ring them in the morning though

This is their camera,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/260990442459

And according to layout it plugs into back of unit.. Port 10 but looks like different connector..

Ask about camera too please

If you do speak to them ask them again about the DAB and if they have anything to add it to the unit.
Okay will ask about both mate

(31:st-Jan-2016, 22:06:55)Tonto Wrote: This is their camera,

And according to layout it plugs into back of unit.. Port 10 but looks like different connector..

You will get RCA cables and on there will be a yellow plug for that to plug onto. I would say the wire that comes off the back is for supplying power.

I would recommend you go with one of these tho.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-Wirel...Sw3ydViDVu

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Reverse-Ca...ETgkdXhA6Q

If they say it can't work with Factory BT DAB & USB I wouldn't bother the GEN1 units with a few wiring alternation would work with factory fitted items.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks mate! I'll keep those links as I'll end up doing that mod at some point too

Is this the gen 1 unit then?

Looks the same just didn't have the GPS card and reset there.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(1:st-Feb-2016, 08:08:21)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(31:st-Jan-2016, 22:06:55)Tonto Wrote: This is their camera,

You will get RCA cables and on there will be a yellow plug for that to plug onto. I would say the wire that comes off the back is for supplying power.

I would recommend you go with one of these tho.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-Wirel...Sw3ydViDVu

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Reverse-Ca...ETgkdXhA6Q

If they say it can't work with Factory BT DAB & USB I wouldn't bother the GEN1 units with a few wiring alternation would work with factory fitted items.

Ok thanks mate, seems simple enough!

Oh... Very confusing! That above model let's you add DAB and other features as optional extras but the one you said was the newer one doesn't... Or at least it doesn't say that in the listing.

I guess it will all depend on which one they say works with my setup as to which I'll end up getting eh

The above model also says it supports DVD playback too!

Here you go I couldn't find any of my old pic's of the unit but this is the GEN1 unit I had.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/569/692/5...69_730.jpg
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ahhh! That looks the same as this one mate!

That you said is is the newest one... What makes you say this is the newest one?

All Gen1's should of been sold as they very quickly brought out the Gen2 with more ram and more options, IIRC they maybe on GEN 4 or 5 now.

It's a midfield as they don't list what GEN it is.

Also that one has a USB plug above the GPS card slot which was never fitted to GEN1 or GEN2 units.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ahhh that makes sense mate! Thanks

It appears the "best" unit with regards to performance is the last one I linked too with the USB slot as it has the quad core processer as standard... But it doesn't state as many overall features as the model with a dual core processor that doesn't have the USB.

I'm just gonna list off my requirements to them and see what one is best based on that! All I need is a few apps like Spotify and Audible etc. Standard radio, A2DP for Bluetooth music streaming and then all the factory stuff I already have to work with it...

Oh and satnav i need too and a micro sd slot

Okay! They have 3 models:

A1884 - Windows Model (I didn't ask much about this as I don't want it) but this DOES have DAB as standard
C072 - Lesser spec and also lesser screen resolution but you can spec it up to be higher at an extra cost of about £20 (can also add DAB for £30)
M072 - Best spec and screen res and also the newest model they have...they said it may or may not have the factory BT, Aux and USB compatibility out of the box but they have seen a few models that do have it in the form of a box which accepts AUX input or something so you can plug your factory BT into it...not sure about the AUX and USB...but yeah, up in the air with that one! Yep, M072 does not support DAB right out of the box but you can obviously get DAB apps that use data etc. He said that in the past the company have just released modules for all the stuff that you don't get as standard and that he can see that being the case with this one...just a DAB module which you plug in to the unit to get it working

This M model also supports a feature where you can watch one movie on it as a passenger and also kids in the back can watch a different movie via headrest screens

Other than that...it was a rushed convo as i'm working and I had people knocking on the door delivering parcels too!

I will ring back if there's anything i missed there...guessing i need to ask about DAB again for some of you's...

Looks like the M072 for me then. As log as camera is plug and play and comes on automatically when selecting reverse. DAB and BT I don't have so not fussed but Whelan may like the sound of having it added too.

I might have to wait until it supports DAB or can be added as I'm not willing to lose it.
The C072 does support it mate.

Yeaaahh I really need BT and I'm hoping i can get factory working!!! I have placed my order for the M model anyway

Nice one mate, did they accept your £270 offer? Can't wait to see how you get on with it.

Yeah me too!!! Haha. Nahhh they said the best offer price on eBay basically means they will accept what they sell it for on their website... They sell it for £290 on their site with £16 postage...so all in you get it for like £16 less than eBay.

He sais he has a shipment coming in already which should be here end of this week but he's asked the supplier whether they have any M models in that shipment...if not then he will have to order one for me which means it could be up to 3 weeks before I get it...Will let you's all know how I get on

Ah excellent stuff mate. I'll get putting my pennies away then haha

Ha good stuff mate I'm hoping all will work well with this!!!!

I have a plan for the GPS receiver too gonna run it up the centre console into the speaker hole in the dash in the middle where the window is and then I'm gonna make a hole in the grill and have the wire coming up there so I can sit the GPS receive on the dash itself...doesn't look like a huge box so I'm not fussed about it being on show...will be the best place for getting a good signal!

Hmm see I think I'd prefer it hidden but I know what you mean about signal... Will see how you get on and decide when I eventually get mine lol

Hahaha I love being the guinea pig!! Most people seem to have a good experience with these any the videos online look decent too so yeah... Fingers crossed! @rusty2009 said I can stash the module in the lining behind the glove box but I have loads of wired taped to the bottom of the glove box so I don't wanna remove it! Ha

Ah right that's what I'll probably do then! I only have the footwell lights there and I made it so it unclips and can be removed!

Check you out doing things properly haha...I wasn't that smart!

Lmao, it's only because the LEDs came with different connectors so I thought ahead and made them so I can leave led attached and just unclip to take glove box out

Euurggh I should have done that! I have a long wire from the roof lining down the A pillar and to the footwell and it's secured to the bottom of the glove box using gorilla tape.... Hahaha

What's gorilla tape? Lmao

Same as duck tape... But stronger apparently lol. It is bloody sticky I'll give it that! Haha. Oh... Apparently the M unit android thing plays DVDs too! Haha... Yanno, in case you get kicked out by the Mrs and have to live in the car lol

Ah right hah, never had to use it yet! Ah that'll be handy as the little one grows up I'll need a screen for headrest too! The Mrs wouldn't kick me out, I'm lovely!

Hahaha I'm lovely too but I spend too much on the car so she probably would kick me out lol. Yeah be really useful for that mate! can get an extra module for live TV too... But I don't need or want that.

And they all support Bluetooth music screaming and video streaming from tour device to the head unit

Nah I don't want live tv, rarely watch it as it is lol.

The streaming is excellent, hopefully you can just load up an sd card with music and leave it on too!

Yeah I don't at all so I don't care about it.

Yeah you can mate as the M model has the SD card slot right in the front.. The other models seem to hide it somewhere else but I dunno where! Ha

Only issue I'm gonna have here is getting factory BT to work... I really need that working properly

Excellent. Just had health check done after fuel cap recall and rear Spring is snapped :/ looks like I'm going to get Eibachs before I get this now lol. Got a text message of the link to watch video on health check lol!

Haha yeah I get those too.. When they can be bothered sending them out that is! Shame about the snapped spring mate

I have mine going in soon for the fillet cap too... Better not find anything wrong with mine as I'm well and truly skint!

Lmao, I thought there wasn't anything wrong at all but hey ho. I wanted Eibachs anyway!

Result then! You have the excuse you need now

In other news! My cable turned up from Germany that I need to power the anti dazzle mirror will fit it later and then watch as it doesn't work due to some other unknown issue to do with wiring I don't have or something lol

Nice one mate. All coming together now

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 40,332 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 180,251 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 93,281 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,608 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,502 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 42,586 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 560,549 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,902 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,607 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 13,573 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:46:06)