This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
compartment notches

Compartment Notches
Hey Guys

Anyone know what the two little slots are at the back of the centre compartment (one below the AUX, USB, cig lighter)?

Seems like something could or can slot into there.

[Image: 74c6a80052c1a1097cc26914db953332.jpg]

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
[Image: vCa3MP6.jpg]

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Yeah I have them under the rubber matting. What they're for is anyone's guess

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
[Image: 417101.png]
Hold on... You have a rubber mat in that compartment?

Iirc the rubber mat has two tabs that fit in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I have a rubber mat

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Damn it! i've been screwed!!! Hahaha. Don't suppose you have a part number for said mat do you? Wink

I'll look tomorrow

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
thank yooouuu Smile

You mean to say you don't have a rubber mat? Oooo, you've been had the sneaky devil's !

Even I have a rubber mat

[Image: Tonto_zps9kmln9qb.jpg]
I have nothing in my car! Or had nothing... I've added most of what Vauxhall couldn't be arsed to add haha

Hahaha I feel for you mate, someone has robbed everything to sell on eBay Tongue

Didn't you buy your car new?! Lol
13322672 go treat yourself to some mattage

We've all got mats Wink
Oh you pipe down! @nemo hahaha. I did get my car as new year @Jj0063...just seems to be the year they skimped as i don't have half the looms needed for retrofits, I don't have a rear fuse box, I don't have that mat! Just like getting kicked while down this is! Haha.

Cheers for the part number! Big grin probably be £20 lol

Will have to ring VX...don't have any anywhere online! :(

We should start a crowd funder to help Sheppy get his car up to scratch

Hahahaha that's an amazing idea! 10 grand later I'll have what should have come with my 17 grand car!! Never buying a new car again! *sulk* lol

I'd love to be able to buy new, but my next car will be the top spec for sure! But no plans to get rid of Letty anytime soon

Nawww I like the name mate! Smile the mrs moaned because i hadn't named mine so I've called her Vauxy haha.

I mean it's not all bad having a new car...had a few teething issues but she drives like a dream, I know what's been done with it etc. And just the though of me being the only owner is great...just I could have got a top spec model for like 5k less 2nd hand which depresses me!

Haha thanks, I always name my cars Tongue

I went for the Sri this time but wish I had looked into the Astras more as I would have certainly got an elite. I didn't even know about the facelift and pre facelift models haha. But I did know I wanted the 2.0cdti!

I wish I'd have got one with the Nav and AFL. I'm confident that I could have got at least nav in my price range but I was sold as soon as I saw the wheels Haha

See I was in the same boat as you! i was a bloody idiot and literally booked a test drive one day while I was having a coffee (hadn't even thought about getting a new car before that morning) less than 2 hours later I'd bought this one!!! :-/ I HAD to get the 1.7 too as insurance was too high on the 2.0 but now it's dropped so much that it's about the same for a 2.0 as my 1.7!

But yeah, I'm kicking myself with you mate! haha. But least we have decent enough cars and a good community to help us mod them Wink

Exactly mate, thanks to the guys practically everything is possible to do. I just so want heated seats and heated steering wheel! But my list roughly adds up to over 2k and that's not even thinking about afls haha

That's like me. I decided I wanted out of the Focus scoured Auto Trader one day, went to view it the same afternoon but it was in Oldham and being test driven so got offered mine to which I put a deposit down.... All without seeing it may I add. They had to bring it over from Nottingham. I say I was sold on the wheels, but the other little bits like powerfold mirrors had me lol. It's only after scouring this forum and nearly a year of ownership you think.... Ahh, I wish I had X Y & Z lol

Haha to true mate, I never test drove mine either as it was in Glasgow and I'm in Newcastle. Only seen a video and went off Arnold Clarks word, glad to say they've been excellent and even gave me a little more than expected for my 1.0 Corsa d I traded in too.

Oh wow! great stories here guys and it's making me feel better knowing it's more common a thing than i realised (buying a car without much though and without seeing it ha). I was the same though! I test drove my model but I picked a colour without seeing it and didn't get my specific car till a week later.

Good to hear you had a positive experience with Arnold Clark too @tonto! I know some people saw they're awful!

and @bhalay207 yes I'm the same! Haha. In hindsight it would have been great if I'd have come across this site first then I could have asked all the questions before buying lol

Ahhh, what a trigger happy bunch we are

Yeah same @sheppy1 I wish I'd came across here first but hey ho I love my car and I'm really happy with it. Yeah Arnold Clark couldn't have been better, I walked in Evans Halshaw and the bloke there wouldn't even bother to look for an Astra for me so I walked out, they actually called me when I was on way back from Glasgow asking how I was getting on searching and they were go smacked and couldn't believe I drove to Glasgow for a car. If they had just even half bothered to look they probably would have gotten my money as they are literally 1 minute down the road, their loss though. Had to ring AC about belt and brakes and they sent me to AC ford and replaced them without hesitation so they're highly recommended from me Smile

I got mine new and I went top of range.

I first ordered a zaffy tourer top spec with every extra going, got home and thought no I want the 2.0cdti engine so rang dealer and they said no problem.

They phoned 2 weeks later and said sorry we didn't put your order though and the time would go from November to March so I said no and got my cash deposit back.

I then looked at the J and decided I didn't need the extras (big mistake on the AFL front).

But my car is called Sandy (after my mum).

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(10:th-Jan-2016, 22:21:49)Tonto Wrote: Yeah same @sheppy1 I wish I'd came across here first but hey ho I love my car and I'm really happy with it. Yeah Arnold Clark couldn't have been better, I walked in Evans Halshaw and the bloke there wouldn't even bother to look for an Astra for me so I walked out, they actually called me when I was on way back from Glasgow asking how I was getting on searching and they were go smacked and couldn't believe I drove to Glasgow for a car. If they had just even half bothered to look they probably would have gotten my money as they are literally 1 minute down the road, their loss though. Had to ring AC about belt and brakes and they sent me to AC ford and replaced them without hesitation so they're highly recommended from me Smile

Having been in the trade in the past, I've heard terrible things about AC's customer service. It's like anything I guess, you get good and bad wherever you go. My experience with Pentagon Vauxhall wasn't fantastic but you just Mark it down as experience and try to avoid them in the future.

(10:th-Jan-2016, 21:58:00)Tonto Wrote: Haha thanks, I always name my cars

I went for the Sri this time but wish I had looked into the Astras more as I would have certainly got an elite. I didn't even know about the facelift and pre facelift models haha. But I did know I wanted the 2.0cdti!

See I prefer the SRI over the elite purely because if the suspension lol. I found from a rental car that the suspension on an elite is very floaty whereas the SRI is stiff. Even Rusty put SRI suspension on his elite.

I wouldn't mind the spec of the elite though but it's all doable with abit of time and cash

(10:th-Jan-2016, 22:25:52)Rusty2009 Wrote: I got mine new and I went top of range.

I first ordered a zaffy tourer top spec with every extra going, got home and thought no I want the 2.0cdti engine so rang dealer and they said no problem.

They phoned 2 weeks later and said sorry we didn't put your order though and the time would go from November to March so I said no and got my cash deposit back.

I then looked at the J and decided I didn't need the extras (big mistake on the AFL front).

But my car is called Sandy (after my mum).

I have my eyes on the Tourer for my next car.... Massive leap in size Haha. I'll probably end up with a Mokka or Insignia.

I'd probably do why @Rusty2009 did and just puts the Sri springs on the elite, a lot cheaper than retrofitting leather etc haha!

@bhalay207 after I he Astra I had the epb hill start update and stupidly took it to EH who done it but knacked my tracking, tried to blame me and tried to send me away with the car violently pulling to the right. Safe to say they fixed it right there and then, was ready to kill the arrogant bloke behind counter like, said I must have hit a pothole as it wasn't them. My car went in there perfectly, never ever using them again and when I got the Vauxhall customer satisfaction phone all I slated them royally!!!

Well the service desk at Pentagon tell me that my car doesn't have a seat belt warning chime for the front passenger seat and that it's my imagination when I told him it used to bong but doesn't anymore. Purely because it doesn't cause me an issue and they're not the seats I brought the car with (retro fitted heated seats) I let him have his moment of missguidedness.

When I was dropping it off for MOT, I thought some builder bloke was going to lean over and deck him when he told him they couldn't find a fault on his van. The guy just looked at him with some sort of blank expression.

I'll be fitting the elite shocks back in soon too stiff for me are the SRI shocks (Sri springs will stay tho).

The tourer is lovely everyone I ask doesn't have a bad word to say about them.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(10:th-Jan-2016, 22:49:25)Rusty2009 Wrote: I'll be fitting the elite shocks back in soon too stiff for me are the SRI shocks (Sri springs will stay tho).

Ahh, a man of comfort!

I've never drove an elite so don't know the difference but I do like how mine handles, just need better tyres on front again and then I can throw her into the corners a bit more as I'm always a bit wary atm with having budgets on!

(10:th-Jan-2016, 22:52:17)bhalay207 Wrote:
(10:th-Jan-2016, 22:49:25)Rusty2009 Wrote: I'll be fitting the elite shocks back in soon too stiff for me are the SRI shocks (Sri springs will stay tho).

Ahh, a man of comfort!

Yes like comfort doesn't help the back when the car hits a hidden pothole.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(10:th-Jan-2016, 22:53:56)Tonto Wrote: I've never drove an elite so don't know the difference but I do like how mine handles, just need better tyres on front again and then I can throw her into the corners a bit more as I'm always a bit wary atm with having budgets on!

I found the car better on softer shocks for throwing into conners.

But I know what you mean mate when my conti's got 3mm I had no grip at all, problem is now I have new tyre's I want them to last and the wife slaps me & shouts make the tyre's last if I race another car or pull out of a junction quick in a gap.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Haha bless you, when the Mrs is in the car so is my 8month old so o don't drive daft. But when out by myself I just can't help myself. I set out by saying ok let's see what's the best mpg I can do and then I get someone wanting a race or I think I can beat that hahahaha

That part number is a mould number... So they couldn't find it. Also did a lookup of my car and said it never should have come with one anyway lol

What model is your car Sheppy?

Officially it's an Energy model...

They all come with them just phone a scrappy
[Image: DSC03659_zpssmtodvyc.jpg]
(11:th-Jan-2016, 12:53:09)tucpal Wrote: They all come with them just phone a scrappy

Ta mate will do Smile

I really can't see a rubber mat being part of an additional spec list for higher models.

Oh, well that was the number on the back of my mat.

Same number on my Matt aswell. I don't see why vx won't give you the item
It's because that's only the mould number (factory build number) so they can't trace the part... He even did a printout of all the parts around that area and he showed me and we could t see that mat being a separate buyable item

Scrappy then mate Smile

Yeah I'll give one a ring or find one on ebay

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221955504108

Might have to buy the whole lot?

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
Cozzer1990 (13:th-Mar-2024, 18:37:02), Emil_Alexandru_Barb (23:rd-Feb-2024, 14:55:26)