Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
sheppy1 progress thread

Progress Thread: Sheppy1
Why can't you take the wheel off?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Well I don't have anything to remove it with to start with...do you just jack it up and remove one at a time then?

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I've put my 17's back on while doing them as you do need let them dry for a few days before putting them back on (I've also taken the wheel weights off to do a proper job).

It's a good 1-2 days to prep all the wheels, I only had very minor kerb damage on 2 of the wheels that I was was able to rub back enough otherwise you need to use some alloy filler which is a pain in the arse to rub back with sand paper far better being able to have the tire off and then you can a file if needed.

You should invest in a space saver and a jacking kit next mate I was well pissed when I discovered I had a goo kit the dealers should make a point of asking what you want if your buying a new car.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Right, for me it would probably be better to pay someone to do this as I don't really have that amount of time spare to be messing around with it as I do drive my car a hell of a lot Haha.

Also would only really want to tackle this right now if it was a cheap job...will cost me a couple of hundred with the sounds of it with getting a space saver, jacking kit, the paint etc.

I agree they should ask you about the space saver, I just have the goo as well

Have about £30 to spend and wondering whether I should buy a new set of hekos or go for the metal plates...hmmmm

Metal plates or new hekos then guys? :P I can't decide! Ha. Could do with a whole new set of hekos tbh anyway as these ones are a bit scratched anyway..do they generally scratch after being on the car for a while?

New plates, I was gonna get some but car going in body shop next week so skint for now.
Haha I'm torn! I really wanted those new plates but love the hekos too...just that mine are scratched and cracked so want a brand new set but can't afford both :(

Get the plates while you wait and see what courier says.
Plus I've heard mixed reviews on wind deflectors, some say they make more noise then they stop.
That's what I'm not a fan of is that noise they make. I've got some but just not got them fitted yet if I ever do get them put on all because of that noise lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hmmmm I've never heard any extra noise with them on...defo a lot quieter and not as much wind flying into the car at high speeds either .

Will think about it and see what I decide to go for anyway...

Went for a brand new set of hekos as I really do like them but the ones I got aren't all that, few too many scratches and that crack is winding me up! Ha. Defo getting the metal plates next month though or even this month if I get the money back from hermes

I just meant the noise when the window is about to close sounds Anal I know lol

I've heard it on my friends gtc but either way I'm sure mine will be fitted sooner or later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They came scratched new ?

Haha I know what you mean! And nahhh not anal at all, I'm far worse some times lol

Noooo, I bought it second hand off someone on the FB group but they were more scratched than expected and also cracked a bit in transit :(

Good to know someone's on my page lol

Oh right now I understand still look tidy tho from the pics I've seen

Why not get the number plate then see what herms are going to offer?

Failing that keep the cash and buy the other-half something nice to make up for all the money your spending on the car oh and for your neglect of course
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(21:st-Apr-2015, 06:37:13)Rusty2009 Wrote: Why not get the number plate then see what herms are going to offer?

Failing that keep the cash and buy the other-half something nice to make up for all the money your spending on the car oh and for your neglect of course

Well I don't have the plates sat there, damaged and taunting me like I do with deflectors Haha. My OCF kicked in and I needed to get them replaced! I'll buy the plates with the money from hermes if I get it.

Damn! You're starting to sound like her now! fine! I'll take her out for a meal then! Gaaaawwdd! lol

I'm lucky mate I can spend hours in the garage and I'm left alone and no nagging when I come back in, most likely because she knows I'll just bugger off back to the garage and find something else to do.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hahaha that's why your car looks awesome! You've got tonnes of time to spend on it. Opposite was round with me, can spend half an hour on it and then I get moaned at saying I've spent hours in the car :-/ lol.

Have done the spray tint on the rear lights...and it looks subtle but nice! Just a shame that the right set of lights aren't as dark as the other side and I also sprayed a bit too close on the right side too so it has a mix of matte and gloss on it lol. Have another lot of paint coming to fix it though

Right guys! So I did what I should have in the first place and got myself a brand new set of Hekos No cracks, marks or scratches!

Oh and my chrome window trim should be here in a few weeks

that should add the finishing touch
At least you got plenty of spare clips
How long does that spray tint last?

(24:th-Apr-2015, 18:34:54)tucpal Wrote: that should add the finishing touch

Yep! Been wanting rhe chrome trim since I got the car! Ha. Can't wait to get it installed and hope it doesn't look daft!

(24:th-Apr-2015, 19:38:37)WhelanUK Wrote: At least you got plenty of spare clips

Haha I was thinking that too, got a full set should I need them

They look great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(24:th-Apr-2015, 19:41:01)dutton84 Wrote: How long does that spray tint last?

Ermmm not sure it wears off or anything...with how hard you apparently have to try to get the stuff off is say it's pretty permanent!

Okay so my second tin of paint came this weekend and have just gone over the right light again to fix the bad job I did last time. Didn't have to remove the previous paint and now it looks miles better!

Latest addition to my car is a set of visors which have mirrors on both sides and lights in both sides too. My last ones only had a mirror on passenger side and no lights in either! Bought these from @rusty2009

Just installed them now:

Also have a set of LED fuse bulbs in there too to match the rest of the LED interior

One thing i noticed though and not sure if this is a fault...But when I have them open and the key is NOT in the car and hasn't been for a few mins, the bulbs go REALLY dim and flicker really fast...the second i put the key back in the ignition but don't turn it, they come back on full blast again and work fine...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looking good mate, yeah it does that in my car too.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers dude! Just need to find 5 mins to fit the sunglasses holder next hehe. Ahhhh good stuff! And did yours have them by default out of the factory too?

Yes mate it did.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Fair doos! Glad to hear it's not an issue with the car lol. Was a ball ache attaching the wires in the roof lining with one hand as i had to do it on my own :( lol

well done mate
I said it was hard but now you can understand why I couldn't get any pics of it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ha yeah! I couldn't even see the adapter let alone get a photo of it! I just had to feel around for it. Did you leave any of the white sticky tape on the wires above the centre console BTW?

No mate I didn't.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Okay, I tried my best to stick it all back on there as i thought the wires would rattle if I took it off lol. Even used some tape in the headline to fasted the visor wires down haha

Spent the day installing some parking sensors which pretty closely match the colour of my car! Made up with them and they work great!

top work mate
Cheers mate! Can't believe the wind blew the bumper across the road and scratched it up though :( gutted as the car is pretty much immaculate other than that!

I can't see any scratches on the photos mate. They look great too!!

I'd of cried if I'd of done that. Ha. But yeah can't see anything from the picture. Looks good.

Been looking at parking sensors on cars yesterday. There's a w reg 206 with them on over the road from me. Fitted like yours. Wouldn't think that they would bother on a car like that

Hahaha i was on the verge of doing that but just held it in and carried on hahaha. Thanks btw, it's filthy atm so will see how they show up when it's clean!

Well it's only a £10 - £15 job so if they have no plans to get rid of the car then it's probably worth doing .

My wife wants them fitted to her 206 TBH I love the wife's 206 apart from the seats aren't comfy and it's a 3 door.

I admit I call it a French pile of ***** when it costs me money.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ha. Yeah I had one before the Astra. Had a Gti 137 03 plate. Only got rid because it had done 117,000 and think the gearbox was on its way out.

(3:rd-May-2015, 11:03:25)sheppy1 Wrote: Hahaha i was on the verge of doing that but just held it in and carried on hahaha. Thanks btw, it's filthy atm so will see how they show up when it's clean!

Well it's only a £10 - £15 job so if they have no plans to get rid of the car then it's probably worth doing .

Good. I'm glad you stayed strong and got the job done. Ha.

Been looking for pedals for about 2 weeks. Can't find any for £30. Found some for £40. But may end up being slightly more. Would it be stupid to go over £40?

i suppose it all depends on demand but £30 to £40 is the going rate

there are a few buy it now out there

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Sport...23500e56f4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VAUXHA...1c5253ea3f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-GM-VXR...35e97a074a
The 2nd link are the ones I'm looking at. They're at £40 including postage at the minute. If I can get them just over that price I'll get them.

Them top ones are brand new! Doesn't say if they are for the j. They look like they are

Just realised its says insignia Astra & zafira so it'll be the j.

there all fine it is just the old astra h ones that are different
insignia and astra j are all the same ones
Yeah just realised that. Ha. I've bought the ones in the 1st link. £45....but they're brand new apparently.

All the new ones on eBay are like £85+

not bad at all they really do look good

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 41,063 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 182,451 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 94,781 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,642 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,591 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 43,261 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 561,875 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 14,096 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,640 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 13,686 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:46:06)