This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
vxr upgrade interior

VXR interior upgrade
coming along nicely mate.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
A very good job done indeed Vocky.
a big thanks to Rusty for getting my VCI completed Smile

I now have a retro-fitted Navi 950 with Intellilink, rear camera, Blue Tooth, DAB radio and Infinity Sound System

[Image: dvLMGTn.jpg]

Still waiting for my main speakers to arrive from the states, then I can fit the Infinity badges whilst the door panels are off
Todays job was to replace the door speakers and fit the Infinity badges to the door panels

I fitted the Infinity Kappa speakers by using the original speakers as mounts - I just cut the old cone away. The right hand mount in the photo still needs to be sanded flat with a belt sander

[Image: MtbcRYp.jpg]

Infinity speaker fitted to door

[Image: 8gPmVaz.jpg]

Infinity badges added

[Image: eMP0MKY.jpg]

The sound quality produced by the Infinity Sound System is amazing, it's really noticeable after changing over from the standard sound system

It has been well worth the effort, but I still need to fit the rear Infinity speakers to the quarter panels
Your car it's just amazing. Great effort and the details you take to make it perfect..
Congratulations.

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através do Tapatalk
it's the small details which make a perfect job and make it look OEM

The door loom in the photo has had the power fold mirror wiring added, but you cannot tell as I unwrapped and then rewrapped the loom with new tape
That's the worst part removing the tape from the loom the ends are all over the place lol.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(5:th-Dec-2018, 22:46:08)vocky Wrote: it's the small details which make a perfect job and make it look OEM

The door loom in the photo has had the power fold mirror wiring added, but you cannot tell as I unwrapped and then rewrapped the loom with new tape
Next week I will fit mine too. Parts are waiting on the shelf. I already used that cloth tape when I installed the android headunit. I'll try to tape everything like you did too.

Another way is tape the wires in elec tape up-to a set point then when it comes out the door (behind the card) tape in cloth this way you can use small bits of cloth & elec tape to secure it to the original loom looks the same once done.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Today I fitted the rear Infinity Kappa 6 x 9 speakers, which took several hours because so many parts have to be removed to access them

[Image: Pm2dHUK.jpg]

[Image: DK3YIUH.jpg]
Vocky

A fantastic job done retrofitting the Infinity sound system, the car is mint for what you have done to the car, then there can't be too many more modifications for you to do now.
I cannot think of another retro-fit to install other than AFL Xenons, but the VCI is not allowed. Plus I am not that bothered about them as I have already added the factory LED DRLs

I have retro-fitted;
Full leather VXR heated electric seats
Power fold mirrors
Navi950 with Intellilink
Infinity Sound System
Flex floor
Reversing camera
Rear parking sensors
factory LED DRLs

I have been looking into electric sunroof conversions, like this blue vxr in Australia which has a Hollandia 700 Sunroof. So might get one fitted at some point

[Image: cyBXkPj.jpg]

[Image: FWFunD8.jpg]
Coming along very nicely indeed.

Front parking sensors?

Liking the sunroof idea wish they offered that hear.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I have booked in my GTC to have the sunroof done, going to cost £1800 to get it done but it is the Hollandia 700 sunroof.
(13:th-Dec-2018, 10:47:46)marktourino Wrote: I have booked in my GTC to have the sunroof done, going to cost £1800 to get it done but it is the Hollandia 700 sunroof.
Sounds about right, let me know how you get on and which company you use Smile

(12:th-Dec-2018, 10:17:57)Rusty2009 Wrote: Front parking sensors?

Something else to do lol
Vocky

I am using Bristol Sunroof Centre, booked in for the 10th January unless they have an earlier cancellation, will have to send on the pictures to Rusty to put up for me.
I was thinking of looking into the cost of a new body lol.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(13:th-Dec-2018, 20:03:06)Rusty2009 Wrote: I was thinking of looking into the cost of a new body lol.

Rusty

That would be a bit of hard graft with all of the mods that you have done to your astra.
When I first spotted the Aussie vxr with a sunroof I planned on buying a complete roof panel with the factory sunroof opening and then having it welded in place for the OEM look Smile

Then I realised it was aftermarket lol
(13:th-Dec-2018, 21:26:31)marktourino Wrote:
(13:th-Dec-2018, 20:03:06)Rusty2009 Wrote: I was thinking of looking into the cost of a new body lol.

Rusty

That would be a bit of hard graft with all of the mods that you have done to your astra.

Deffo but I want a full respray anyway but alsa they don't see the shell.

(14:th-Dec-2018, 11:30:53)vocky Wrote: When I first spotted the Aussie vxr with a sunroof I planned on buying a complete roof panel with the factory sunroof opening and then having it welded in place for the OEM look Smile

Then I realised it was aftermarket lol

I looked at the price of the roof panel yesterday and it's £900.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
they do the sunroof panel for the 5dr, but not the 3dr GTC :(
(14:th-Dec-2018, 13:03:08)vocky Wrote: they do the sunroof panel for the 5dr, but not the 3dr GTC :(

That's because on the 3-door you get panoramic roof 5-door doesn't :(.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I really don't like the panoramic roof, probably because I once rolled a brand new vectra and if it had a panoramic glass roof fitted I would be dead !
The wiring loom has arrived for the front parking sensors, but I'm still waiting for the sensors to arrive.
The three plug park assist module arrived the other day, luckily my vxr has the third plug already in the loom, so just need to figure out if it goes all the way to the X100 plug under the battery
Getting there slowly then.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Vxr bumpers don't support parking sensors.
Here is some pics of a guy on the fb page send me. He glued both that sit in the grill.
I'm planning to add a opc bumper too and I think I will ask a friend to do a 3d printed housing to fit in the grill and glue it.. hope this helps
[Image: ea36c0aa4dfbc757b7d5af466305cb7b.jpg][Image: 1b40eed6bc01888e6cdd6385daf34b97.jpg][Image: 271404228c3eaf3cad6c409de0934f3e.jpg]

I have not decided the exact location yet, because I need to see what space is available behind the vxr bumper.

Plan A - (red dots) is the two inner will be in the black plastic section either side of the number plate and the outer pair located in the white section at the end of the black section, however I am not sure if the sensors will function 100% in that outer position
Plan B - (green dots) would be the inners and the outers below the headlights, so above the black section
Plan C - depends if plan A and B fail lol

[Image: X9XaYrF.jpg]

where did he mount the outer sensors ?
Personally I'd go plan B.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
My genuine sensors arrived today, two white and two black, so quite limited to where they end up lol

Plan C - I might use the green outer and the red inner positions

Plan D - something else lol
This is what he made.. [Image: 71b411be45ec41e22e3bf948b3c271c6.jpg][Image: e25638e302a41b3f68fddebc58459492.jpg]

It is possible to paint sensors? I have always had that doubt

yes you can paint the sensors, my rear sensors came from a blue astra J vxr and I painted them white

The front sensors came from a white astra J, thus two white and two black

Thanks for the info about the sensor locations, my Plan A should hopefully work.

Plan D - will be to copy the above GTC Smile

I will use four genuine VW parking sensor brackets, same as I used on the rear bumper

similar to this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-New-V...:rk:8:pf:0
(20:th-Dec-2018, 16:22:07)vocky Wrote: yes you can paint the sensors, my rear sensors came from a blue astra J vxr and I painted them white

The front sensors came from a white astra J, thus two white and two black

Thanks for the info about the sensor locations, my Plan A should hopefully work.

Plan D - will be to copy the above GTC Smile

I will use four genuine VW parking sensor brackets, same as I used on the rear bumper

similar to this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-New-VW-VOLKSWAGEN-REAR-INNER-PARKING-SENSOR-BRACKET-Passat-B6-2006-2011/183087454794?fits=Car+Make%3AVW&epid=1916994301&hash=item2aa0dcda4a:g:bn8AAOSwzRFajVfH:rk:8:pf:0

No probelm. vauxhall does that too, why don't you follow the oem route? Tongue

[Image: 123123123.jpg]
I've not posted a photo of my vxr for a while, pic taken on a recent sunny day

[Image: 7xrHiRb.jpg]

Quote:No probelm. vauxhall does that too, why don't you follow the oem route? [Image: tongue.png]

genuine VW brackets are cheaper, I bought a set of four for £20
update:
Rusty worked his magic and programmed a front and rear parking sensor module to my VXR chassis number, so now I have all the parts to retrofit the front parking sensors.

Just need to find the time to whip the front bumper off and sort out the wiring
My last car had rear parking sensors and I thought they were great and added it to my must have gadget list. The GTC has front and rear and I really would not want to be without them, just takes all the guess work out of parking. They’re great!!!

Is you car lowered on Eibach springs? Any problems with speed humps, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine never came with any parking sensors, fitting the rear parking sensors made parking much less stressfull and adding the rear OEM camera reverse parking made it even safer.

For some weird reason the vxr never came with the option of having front parking sensors. Rusty put the idea in my head to retrofit the fronts and after checking the wiring is in the main body wiring harness. So all I need to do is add the sensors, run the bumper loom and then connect that to the body harness.

My VXR has the original factory suspension, I bought it brand new so know it's not been touched. It's already low enough to scrape speed bumps lol

No idea how owners with lowering springs cope, they must have plenty of damage underneath !
The stance on yours is so much better than mine, the rake on my SRI makes it look like a 70’s hot rod! I’m going to take a punt on fitting some VXR rear springs to see if it will sort it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not got around to fitting the front parking sensors just yet, but did find the time to do this ...

[Image: wMmcdpw.jpg]

ps: the black spots are stupid flies lol
Why have you taken the trim off?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Maybe not the best place to ask this but does the Infinity sound have to be programmed? And would it work on the CD500?
(20:th-Mar-2019, 22:28:19)TubaMagna8 Wrote: Maybe not the best place to ask this but does the Infinity sound have to be programmed? And would it work on the CD500?

Yes it does, you'd need to do a VCI request on the cd500.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers, Was never an option on the meriva and had a wild idea....
I don't know your plans but i painted mine White. The roof looks a lot better.

(22:nd-Mar-2019, 02:09:24)Jonika21 Wrote: I don't know your plans but i painted mine White. The roof looks a lot better.

exactly my plan, hopefully get them back early next week Smile
That's a good idea.

Vocky while your waiting get them sensors fitted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(23:rd-Mar-2019, 08:47:36)Rusty2009 Wrote: while your waiting get them sensors fitted.

this mornings job was to make a start on getting them fitted ...

I removed the battery and battery tray to gain access to the 'Body to Headlight' loom plugs.

Then I checked to confirm the wiring is in place from the rear parking module to those plugs and it was Smile

So I added the correct pins to the front parking sensor loom I purchased, it's from an Insignia so the wiring colours are different to the astra J but thats not an issue.

[Image: BFNZIXx.jpg]

Then I simply added the pins to the headlight loom plug

[Image: ZZtsi8C.jpg]

I then used a couple of cable ties to fasten the new loom along the existing headlight loom, to the side of the headlight

Next job is to whip the front bumper off, fit the parking sensors and swap over the two plug parking module to a three plug parking module. Thats a job for another day lol
Coming along nicely there.

Here's a thought for you which I've just thought about myself, you may need a setup & config done on the IPC to show front parking sensors.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I have never had anything on the IPC for parking sensors, but it would be nice to get it working for the front sensors

I can sense another road trip coming lol
(20:th-Mar-2019, 17:56:11)vocky Wrote: Not got around to fitting the front parking sensors just yet, but did find the time to do this ...

[Image: wMmcdpw.jpg]

ps: the black spots are stupid flies lol

What did you do? Other than removing the trim I just can't see it! Did you remove the trim to clean beneath it???
I'm getting the roof trims colour coded white.

Plus it did give me the chance to polish underneath them lol

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
Cozzer1990 (3:rd-Mar-2024, 11:32:46), Jnny (14:th-Apr-2024, 16:04:42), LindsayMerrick (18:th-Feb-2024, 07:06:34)