Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
s gtc neill ltd edition

Neill's GTC Ltd Edition
Thought I would post up my GTC that I collected on Saturday

2015 1.6 CDTi 16V ecoFLEX Limited Edition 3d (110ps)

It's all a bit weird to me as my last six cars have been MK4 Astra's and this thing is just sooooooooooo modern and up to date...whoa, loads of buttons and gadgets to contend with

I do 500 miles a week so economy was the deciding factor but wanted the bodykit and DAB so opted for Ltd Edition.

Don't like the seats so will be looking for a (black) full leather SRi interior soon, was going to change the grill for an Irmy Carbon one but actually quite like this colour coded grill.

As for other mods I'm not sure just yet (still not done 100 miles in it yet).

One thing that's cool is the number plate is coincidentally my initials so I have poor mans personalised plates 

that is awesome, nice one mr
lovely motor
Very nice mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice Neill those alloys on that colour is brilliant.
(2:nd-May-2016, 19:43:27)bruce_19 Wrote: Very nice Neill those alloys on that colour is brilliant.

Kerbs scare the crap out of me at the moment

Thanks for all the comments chaps
Stunning car mate 
Car looks really very nice, the wheels are superb

Whats the 1.6 like to drive ?
V nice... so that's not a bi turbo or is it? I'd be interested to hear the economy (real life not book stats).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(2:nd-May-2016, 20:47:36)J1ODYA Wrote: V nice... so that's not a bi turbo or is it? I'd be interested to hear the economy (real life not book stats).

I believe it's the special edition, not a biturbo. It has biturbo alloys but will have the standard cloth interior I presume. Strange really, how they name a range 'special' then leave the interior standard trim. Even a vx line astra came with the sri trim, you would think they could at least give the special edition a sri trim.
(2:nd-May-2016, 20:57:32)stigeye Wrote:
(2:nd-May-2016, 20:47:36)J1ODYA Wrote: V nice... so that's not a bi turbo or is it? I'd be interested to hear the economy (real life not book stats).

I believe it's the special edition, not a biturbo. It has biturbo alloys but will have the standard cloth interior I presume. Strange really, how they name a range 'special' then leave the interior standard trim. Even a vx line astra came with the sri trim, you would think they could at least give the special edition a sri trim.

You'd think after all the effort of designing the car, that they'd spend a little extra time working out what car should have what trim. Sri - sport, elite - luxury, special - sport + luxury, etc etc. Not that difficult really lol.

(2:nd-May-2016, 20:40:04)andy2174 Wrote: Whats the 1.6 like to drive ?

A lot more poke than I expected to be honest.

Been driving 1.6 SXi's for the last 10 years which IIRC are 104 bhp and this is 108bhp but it's much more lively and feels like a 1.9 or 2.0, pulls nicely in all gears.

Super low RPM though...sits around 1500 instead of the 3000 that I'm used to.

(2:nd-May-2016, 20:57:32)stigeye Wrote:

Yep Special Edition and if I bought it new would be pissed off at cloth seats (I'll add some interior pix later)

The new 2016 SRi GTC has really nice black leather seats.

When I've done my first 500 miles I'll give some feedback
Limited Edition is normally talk for getting shot of basic stock so no doubt they've just thrown the nice wheels and body kit on a load of "sport" GTCs.

One thing I learned very early on in my car buying age is always go for top spec!

Using Tapatalk
Nice motor mate!
Nice car.

(3:rd-May-2016, 08:26:26)ilovetechnopt Wrote: Nice motor mate!

Thanks....you might see it out and about, I'm also from Corby
(3:rd-May-2016, 09:10:11)neilll Wrote:
(3:rd-May-2016, 08:26:26)ilovetechnopt Wrote: Nice motor mate!

Thanks....you might see it out and about, I'm also from Corby

Oh nice! I`ll keep an eye out then, ive only seen a couple of white ones and a white VXR 2 doors down from me.

I really miss the red on my old 1.4t....
(11:th-May-2016, 05:42:27)ilovetechnopt Wrote: Oh nice! I`ll keep an eye out then, ive only seen a couple of white ones and a white VXR 2 doors down from me.

You must be over Stephensons Way side then cos I've seen a white VXR over there....??

I'm over in Hazel Leys
(11:th-May-2016, 09:17:08)neilll Wrote:
(11:th-May-2016, 05:42:27)ilovetechnopt Wrote: Oh nice! I`ll keep an eye out then, ive only seen a couple of white ones and a white VXR 2 doors down from me.

You must be over Stephensons Way side then cos I've seen a white VXR over there....??

I'm over in Hazel Leys

Yup
Bought a Cargo Liner as my boot gets quite a beating, expected this to be a lot thicker than it turned out to be so a bit disappointing considering the price

Need to trim out the sections for lashing points at the back still...

Regards,
Neill

GTC [1.6 CDTi 16V SS ecoFLEX Limited Edition]
I actually got the same one free, with my old 1.4t and kept it when trading for new GTC still use it now
A few more quick tweaks....

Full set of rubber mats (velour ones get trashed too quickly)

Brodit Clip so I can get my phone back in use (TomTom Go)

Coin Holder - Finally no noisy coins rattling around

Regards,
Neill

VERY NICE glad you like the cup
Nice. I have the same Brodit clip. My first clip was over the right vent but it obstructed the Android HU so got the other one.

(26:th-May-2016, 12:40:15)marcus Wrote: Nice. I have the same Brodit clip. My first clip was over the right vent but it obstructed the Android HU so got the other one.

Does yours interfere with gear stick?

I have a Google Nexus 6 (big phone!!) and it is very close to gearstick, particularly in reverse.......I'm trying to make some tweaks but there is not much vertical adjustment with this particular Brodit.
Regards,
Neill

(26:th-May-2016, 12:48:10)neilll Wrote:
(26:th-May-2016, 12:40:15)marcus Wrote: Nice. I have the same Brodit clip. My first clip was over the right vent but it obstructed the Android HU so got the other one.

Does yours interfere with gear stick?

I have a Google Nexus 6 (big phone!!) and it is very close to gearstick, particularly in reverse.......I'm trying to make some tweaks but there is not much vertical adjustment with this particular Brodit.
I can't say I do. I have a Samsung S6 so a bit smaller. I do use one of the Brodit custom holders because I have a otterbox cover on it.

(26:th-May-2016, 12:54:41)marcus Wrote: I can't say I do.  I have a Samsung S6 so a bit smaller. I do use one of the Brodit custom holders because I have a otterbox cover on it.
Yours is fine, look at this....can't use a Brodit Holder due to phone case and yeah, that really is only around half inch of space when I'm in reverse  
Needs rethinking....

Regards,
Neill

Yeah I see what you mean. You might be able to use one of the Brodit custom holders, I think they attach to the Pro clip at the base of the holder which will move the phone up. Will take some photos later on for you.

Why not use the Brodit a-pillar bracket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Some pics of my Brodit custom holder

Can I ask what the benefit of the broadit is over something like this which I have

Only ask as the broadits seem really bulky and cumbersome in my opinion

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Here you go....done a couple of thousand miles in it now and this was my trip into work today, I reckon I could improve it a bit but I'd say with normal driving and no chasing people that very high 50's would be normal (58-59). My main problem on my commute is getting stuck in traffic which trashes the MPG and Average Speed:

Regards,
Neill

Excellent... could you calculate it using brim method? Top the car up with fuel.and see how many miles you get compared to how much you then refill it to get an accurate figure.

Using Tapatalk
(8:th-Jun-2016, 13:12:52)J1ODYA Wrote: Excellent... could you calculate it using brim method? Top the car up with fuel.and see how many miles you get compared to how much you then refill it to get an accurate figure.

I guess I could but I never fill it up, normally only put in £30 at a time......full tank = more weight = less MPG
Regards,
Neill

(8:th-Jun-2016, 13:12:52)J1ODYA Wrote: Excellent... could you calculate it using brim method? Top the car up with fuel.and see how many miles you get compared to how much you then refill it to get an accurate figure.

Agree totally with this method. Pic of average mpg display isn't exactly meaningful...

Ok well when empty put in £30, use to empty again and then you can see miles plus how much fuel you use.

My trip said 65mpg once but measuring properly gave it more like 50!

Using Tapatalk
(27:th-May-2016, 20:18:28)sheppy1 Wrote: Can I ask what the benefit of the broadit is over something like this which I have

Only ask as the broadits seem really bulky and cumbersome in my opinion

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
OK here goes, Brodit is cool in that it comes in 2 bits. The car mount (proclip) and the phone mount. The car mount is rock solid and stays with the car for life. 2 options here, the vent mount or the one to the left of the facia.

Once this is in place, you can fit any Brodit phone holder to it or even a non Brodit phone holder. I hacked up a generic holder (for my note 3) to use with the Brodit proclip. Worked fine but not as solid as the Brodit holders.

Basically the dedicated Brodit phone holders are good as long as you keep the same phone. I have a Samsung S6 one and a custom one which I reverted to because of the otterbox cover.

Now Sheppy, Im not sure you will have the same wonderful Brodit experience because you have admitted that you are a serial phone changer. A Brodit custom holder might work for you if you keep the same size phone more or less.

Brodit custom holders come in about 10-15 sizes. Height, width, depth etc.

They are class, I will not use anything else. I've tried dozens of phone holders and they all wreck my head.

Brodit is pricey but for keeps. You should....

(26:th-May-2016, 18:48:22)marcus Wrote: Some pics of my Brodit custom holder

Hey...thanks for this....I never knew they made an adjustable cradle like this, just found one on their site that looks like it will fit my Nexus 6, it'll be sooooo much better than the mess I have now, will post up some pix when I get it
Regards,
Neill

There is also one for the A-pillar I'll get a pic later as I can't any on my pc
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(10:th-Jun-2016, 10:16:52)Rusty2009 Wrote: There is also one for the A-pillar I'll get a pic later as I can't any on my pc

I am not sure if they do an A pillar for the GTC, I've had a look on their webpage and can't find one.
This is the first proclip I had over the vent. Obviously has the Brodit holder attached to it. That holder is the Samsung S6 one. (No phone cover)

I'm sure it'll be the same as the 5-door cant see it being a different size.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
On the website, when you look at the 5dr option it states 'not for GTC', so maybe the A pillar on the GTC is quite a bit different.
tape measure time.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(10:th-Jun-2016, 11:14:57)stigeye Wrote: On the website, when you look at the 5dr option it states 'not for GTC', so maybe the A pillar on the GTC is quite a bit different.

Doesn't look massively different from these pix but could well be on the inside. For me though I want to stick to center console so will look at the custom clip that @Marcus posted earlier on.

Regards,
Neill

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra GTC Limied Edition CDTI 2.0 auto Mickey88 15 10,130 7:th-May-2019, 17:34:46
Last Post: Mickey88
  Astra Limited edition 5dr Alloy colour change Super Spanners 7 5,283 16:th-Apr-2018, 10:31:47
Last Post: marcus01
  2015 GTC limited edition progress Nathjnz 3 4,517 24:th-Apr-2017, 21:14:22
Last Post: GarethMyers14
  GTC 1.6T 200 Limited edition by ilovetechno ilovetechnopt 13 8,693 4:th-Jun-2016, 12:20:03
Last Post: ilovetechnopt