Switch to desktop version  
What Am I Doing Wrong? - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: What Am I Doing Wrong? (/showthread.php?tid=925)

What Am I Doing Wrong? - SI SRI - 11:th-Sep-2014

We'll have changed the bulbs today and all working fine. Now I am getting this message appear. Anything that I should be looking out for? Bulbs I'm using are the MTEC 12v 100w H7 Cosmo Blue White.

What Am I Doing Wrong? - tucpal - 11:th-Sep-2014

I will send you the Phillips extreme out mate I have no idea why they won't work on your car but it looks like they don't like being in there

What Am I Doing Wrong? - Rusty2009 - 11:th-Sep-2014

Check the rear light mate it could be one of them,

But looking at the error it should only be the dipped beam, plug the factory bulbs in and see if the error goes away.

Get some fuel in the car too .

It could be the factory led drl not liking the 100 watt bulb

If the normal bulbs work fine then I would say the above reason is correct the can buss with the led drl may just be more sensitive so you could get the 55 w mtec they will work it more than likely will be the 100 w bulbs that are the issue

Cheers guys. I have just been out for fuel and gave them a try and no errors came onto the screen and all lights working including rears. Then pulled up and error came on screen saying the same as bove but for left only.

What Am I Doing Wrong? - WhelanUK - 11:th-Sep-2014

I've got the same error coming up 'Check left dipped beam' with the same bulbs but it's really intimitant. Had it twice in last couple of days but all bulbs are on.

What Am I Doing Wrong? - Rusty2009 - 11:th-Sep-2014

What year are cars? I've noticed anything before my12 seems extra sensitive with the bulb checking.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

What Am I Doing Wrong? - WhelanUK - 11:th-Sep-2014

Mines a 14 plate. Only seems to be when I turn the lights on manually.
Going to double check all the connections. I changed 11 other bulbs at same time so could be any if them.

Mines a 61 plate mate. Really strange I just think that the car is thinking what the hell and getting use to the new layout. I'm out tonight so I will see what will happen then tomorrow I'll do like Ashley and check the connections and wires.

i had no errors with the mtec but something is not right for sure
i did have this check left position lamp last year it came on and off for no reason
in my case it was the DRL,S i changed them and the error went
lewis also had this and it turned out to be his rear lights
for some reason this seems to be a random message it will be trial and error to find what bulb is making this happen

What Am I Doing Wrong? - Cameron UK - 11:th-Sep-2014

Ive got a 61 plate with no errors with MTEC cosmos blue 100W