Switch to desktop version  
CD400, in meriva B, mid-speed can-bus off, wont allow can learn - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: ICE (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: CD400, in meriva B, mid-speed can-bus off, wont allow can learn (/showthread.php?tid=3832)

CD400, in meriva B, mid-speed can-bus off, wont allow can learn - gazz292 - 10:th-Apr-2018

Wondering if anyones had this before? 
2011 meriva B (1.3 cdti) CD400 with GID, 
always been getting the following code on the radio: U0074

The other 2 codes are for the IPC, as im still messing with it...

but i was getting that U0074 code when i only had an op-com for diagnosis, so it's not the clone tech2 giving a fake code, and i was getting it before i ever touched anything electrical in the car.

The Tech2 gives an option to do a can bus re-learn on most modules... it asks if ignition is on, i press the button to say it is, then i'm instructed to turn ignition off, a bar progresses across screen, told to turn ignition back on, procedure completed. 

Except if i try that with the radio... it fails the second i press the soft key button to confirm the ignition is turned on, does the same if i've turned ignition off, Tech2 gives a low beep, and it says 'failed' 

the multimedia module communicates fine, and i've done a can-bus relearn on all modules i can, the radio always refuses. the radio is working fine as far as i can tell. 

had a look behind the radio, and there is a wire out... not sure where it's from tho... there's no empty terminal in the block,  it's a shield that's loose... looks almost as if deliberately done: 

That 'could' be the shield for the mid speed can bus i suppose??, and would explain why it says it's off... except i can actually communicate with the radio, i can do the speaker test from the Tech2, so it's talking to it somehow.

i know i want to replace the CD400 for a navi system sometime (anyone selling a navi950 for a good price, i want one) but i want to be sure that the car is wired fine before i do that, as i imagine i'll have a lot of wiring changes to make for that mod.

RE: CD400, in meriva B, mid-speed can-bus off, wont allow can learn - Rusty2009 - 28:th-Apr-2018

Have you tried attaching that lose wire to an earth and seeing if it'll go through then?

RE: CD400, in meriva B, mid-speed can-bus off, wont allow can learn - Rusty2009 - 28:th-Apr-2018

Hold on just looking at your pic of the plug the yellow wire in pin 1 should be in pin 2 and pin 2 should be in pin 3.

RE: CD400, in meriva B, mid-speed can-bus off, wont allow can learn - Jpbroad1970 - 28:th-Apr-2018

I have a shield like that floating around in mine, well its tucked in the loom sleaving

I would agree with rusty on the wiring too

it does look a sparse radio connector though just thinking out load as to how different the meriva radio wiring is if any