Switch to desktop version  
Hello from the SW - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome & Site news (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Introduction Area (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Hello from the SW (/showthread.php?tid=3811)

Hello from the SW - cdunham1974 - 29:th-Mar-2018

Hi,

Obviously this will be an introduction (I know who'd have thought it, an introduction in the introduction forum, whatever next...)

I was looking for info on an aftermarket Android Auto HU for my 2012 Astra GTC SRI and stumbled across this forum and thought it looked like a good place to spend some time

I freely acknowledge I know very little about cars and am not particularly DIY minded (unless it's to do with computers then it's another matter) so I'm looking forward to reading through the tutorials (with a lot of apprehension) and then will probably end up looking for someone I can pay to do the work for me anyway

Regards,

Craig

RE: Hello from the SW - Rusty2009 - 30:th-Mar-2018

Welcome to VXOC.

RE: Hello from the SW - cdunham1974 - 30:th-Mar-2018

Thank you it's good to be here.

After reading through the many threads I'm leaning towards the V5754 HU but I still have a lot of research to do

Hello from the SW - sparkyscfc74 - 30:th-Mar-2018

Welcome mate this is a great place to look, plenty of helpful people on here but be prepared to spend some money on your car...... you just can’t help yourself when you see some of the mods that have been done on here
Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello from the SW - Mspencer - 30:th-Mar-2018

Welcome . Will keep a eye out for your mod list to start

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: Hello from the SW - cdunham1974 - 31:st-Mar-2018

(30:th-Mar-2018, 09:50:48)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: Welcome mate this is a great place to look, plenty of helpful people on here but be prepared to spend some money on your car...... you just can’t help yourself when you see some of the mods that have been done on here
Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you may be right I've already been drooling over some of the photos in the progress threads...

(30:th-Mar-2018, 11:01:00)Mspencer Wrote: Welcome . Will keep a eye out for your mod list to start

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mainly gonna be internal stuff to start as I do spend a fair amount of time driving for work (hence the wanting an Android HU so I can finally get rid of my ancient iPhone that is being used as an ipod).

RE: Hello from the SW - niteram - 2:nd-Apr-2018

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
where you to?

RE: Hello from the SW - Jpbroad1970 - 2:nd-Apr-2018

Welcome to vxoc :-)

RE: Hello from the SW - cdunham1974 - 2:nd-Apr-2018

(2:nd-Apr-2018, 19:40:50)niteram Wrote: Hi, and welcome to the forum.
where you to?

I'm in Weston Super-Mud

(2:nd-Apr-2018, 19:42:45)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: Welcome to vxoc :-)

Thank you happy to be here

RE: Hello from the SW - niteram - 2:nd-Apr-2018

Ahh, I'm a bit further down - Bideford area.