Switch to desktop version  
Drivers Heated seat turning off - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Drivers Heated seat turning off (/showthread.php?tid=339)

Pages: 1 2 3

Drivers Heated seat turning off - tucpal - 19:th-Oct-2014

if i had a warranty i would be banging down there door about it
but i have no option but to under take the fix myself

Drivers Heated seat turning off - Rusty2009 - 21:st-Oct-2014

Kevin Wrote:Oh well, my seat is playing up now! I can't be bothered with the hassles of taking it in under warranty, so will be having a poke about myself.

Computer at work doesn't seem to give me a fault code, just says one code, but no numbers!!!! Annoying. One thing I do notice, when I monitor the live data of what is happening during the heating up cycle, it will stay on forever and never stop heating. I can see the module turn off when the resistance voltage on the seat temp sensor reaches 3.02 volts, but for some reason it just turns back on and goes through the same cycle. Result being a nice toasty seat. Not a very convienient fix though!

I might have a poke around today and see what I see, if anything.

Rusty, is your seat still playing up? If so, would be interesting for you to monitor things on the MDI and see if it does the same??

Yes mate I will do it's been ok TBH since I reprogrammed the module turn it on and it will stay on number 3 till I tell it otherwise, What I have found is if you turn it on and don't sit in the seat it will turn off quickly unless you put it to 2.

But Yes I can do some live data viewing no problem

tucpal Wrote:if i had a warranty i would be banging down there door about it
but i have no option but to under take the fix myself

Just need to make sure you get the right pads and part numbers mate, Also is it just the drivers side or both that affected by this problem, I would guess both would be.

Drivers Heated seat turning off - tucpal - 21:st-Oct-2014

nope just the drivers side on every car i have heard with this same problem on the insignia and j
maybe the wires are coming loose on the pad with lots of use of the seat

Drivers Heated seat turning off - Rusty2009 - 22:nd-Oct-2014

Kevin what would like me to view under live data?

I have the following

Driver Seat Heating/Venting/Cooling mode
Driver Seat Heating/Venting/Cooling Level
Driver Seat Cushion Heating Command
Driver Seat Cushion Temperature Sensor

I have a small video which I shall upload later on.

Drivers Heated seat turning off - tucpal - 22:nd-Oct-2014

i would assume the temp sensor

Drivers Heated seat turning off - JohnL - 22:nd-Oct-2014

Rusty2009 Wrote:John pull neg of battery (to stop airbags) and then unclip the seat connector and give a good blow on both ends check for any lose wires on the connectors and then plug back in, that fixed mine when lumber stopped working.

Gone for the easy option as I've no free time at the minute :( Cars booked in with the dealer for them to sort it.

Drivers Heated seat turning off - Kevin - 23:rd-Oct-2014

Hey Rusty, been too busy with work this week, so very little time to be online.

It was the temp sensor voltage reading. Would be interested in what the maximum voltage it gets too. Mine was just over 3 volts and no more, at which point the module turned off but came awake staright away.

Cheers

Drivers Heated seat turning off - Rusty2009 - 23:rd-Oct-2014

Here you are Kev hope this helps.