Switch to desktop version  
Service vehicle soon - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Service vehicle soon (/showthread.php?tid=2255)

Service vehicle soon - richje100 - 7:th-Mar-2016

Hi guys, any one know how to get rid of this? Pops up each time car is started.
Car idles a little rough when cold and got that blasted turkey noise back, anything to do with these do u think?
Or does it mean it's due a service although not until August / September time

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Service vehicle soon - irmartyn - 7:th-Mar-2016

Which engine you got?

RE: Service vehicle soon - bhalay207 - 7:th-Mar-2016

If it's the turkey noise, I'm guessing 1.7?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Ye it's 1.7bud

RE: Service vehicle soon - irmartyn - 7:th-Mar-2016

Could be a faulty glow plug but we won't know till you get the car plugged in as it's got a code stored.

Damn j's why don't they have a pedal test!!
I've been reading posts about it being a knock sensor over tightened any idea what this is? Recently replaced the washer pump last week. Can't remember if I had this message before or after lol. Glow plugs easy to replace on these?

Service vehicle soon - irmartyn - 7:th-Mar-2016

You got stop start? As some glow plugs need the pressure sensor?

No bud no stop/start

Is the message coming on after car is warm?

Every time I start it. If I twist the indicator stalk it goes to normal trip screen. Stop car switch back on and it's there's again

Might not be a glow plug problem, what's the oil life indicator on?

Was on 11%, just reset it and it still comes on

I guess only way getting it sorted would be getting a garage to plug it in unfortunately as you could spend more trying to solve the problem.

Ye I was hoping it would t come to this. Never taken a car to be plugged in, any idea of what I can expect? Wonder if I call the RAC and say I don't want to drive it incase it causes bigger problems? I've also got a policy with warranty direct too so could go down this route too.

If you have brake down cover then you could try and get them to plug it in and find the fault.

I did that a few years ago on my old veccy told them I was afraid to drive it incase caused more damage. Didn't hesitate in reading the code, wonder if they will still do it. I'll give them a call tomorrow

I know AA do so don't see why the RAC won't

Thanks, I'll update on here if they find a code. Fingers crossed its something simple

RE: Service vehicle soon - bhalay207 - 8:th-Mar-2016

I bet you'll find their readers won't dig that deep.

I had an 'engine systems fault' message on my old focus before and only Ford could diagnose it with their pc as it was too generic for any other code reader.

Service vehicle soon - Tonto - 8:th-Mar-2016

Hi the SVS could be for anything really! The RAC will read the code as when mine came up and went into limp mode they done it without asking!!

RE: Service vehicle soon - stigeye - 8:th-Mar-2016

Our local garage in Loughborough, who are very good I have to say will do a diagnostic for £5. It is always good when you can find a local garage that you can trust and have a rapport with.

RE: Service vehicle soon - bhalay207 - 8:th-Mar-2016

A local garage diagnosed my Focus as air mass fault based on their reader. Ford narrowed it down to the turbo and in turn to the turbo actuator. Wasted £36 on a diagnositic check. For generic codes and based codes I personally would recommend a dealer.... Even if you don't have it repaired at the dealer.

Service vehicle soon - richje100 - 8:th-Mar-2016

For r first time today the message came on then after restarting again about 10mins later it didn't show up

Service vehicle soon - richje100 - 8:th-Mar-2016

Ok, RAC been out and gone. Cleared the codes. There was an old clutch switch error and an unknown code "glow plug module low voltage" said to see how it goes in the morning and if comes back to ring them again

Service vehicle soon - richje100 - 20:th-Apr-2016

Still got the error but can't afford to get it fixed yet. Just found out my mot and tax ran out beginning of the month!! Will this message fail the mot?

RE: Service vehicle soon - Rusty2009 - 21:st-Apr-2016

The message is telling you there is a fault with the car not that it's due a service (it's a stupid message to display as most people think it means just that you car is due a service).

As for MOT as far as I understand any warning lights is an instant fail, as for message I'm not too sure.

RE: Service vehicle soon - COCACOLA186 - 13:th-Oct-2016

my car Astra 1.7 Diesel i purchased last week kept coming up with the message SERVICE VEHICLE SOON so took it to garage and tried the obd2 reader and no fault found so he plugged a different reader in and came up with the code P037E "glow plug module low voltage" the engine is running very lumpd and sounds like an old tractor. the car is going back to the garage this weekend will update with the outcome. This is a video of what it sounds like