Switch to desktop version  
private plates - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: private plates (/showthread.php?tid=1772)

private plates - Bloopeta - 16:th-Sep-2015

I have a private plate on the other halfs mini, L8 ODX, and we were wanting to sell it, I did a valuation on one of the sites, national numbers, they offered to list n sell for me, and pay the transfer fees (as plate is still on car) and they said will give me 250 on completion. 

Just wondering if anyone knows how much these people take? As if they take a cut, and after transfer fees, they will pay me that figure, I wonder what its actually value is?

RE: private plates - tucpal - 16:th-Sep-2015

sure the value will be higher if you sell private

RE: private plates - Bloopeta - 16:th-Sep-2015

Just wondered how much higher mate? Are these sort of sites a rip off? I got the plate with the car as I bought it from an insurance company, so dont really want a fortune for it, just dont want them making a mint of it and giving me nothing

RE: private plates - grahamfromoldham - 16:th-Sep-2015

Its all about market demand i.e. finding a buyer who wants L8 ODX. Mine is for sale (G1 TMT) as I have recently taken it off my car but the trouble is having someone with those initials or meaning that actually wants to buy it. I will probably lose a lot of money on it considering what I paid, but look at it like its just sat on the garage shelf giving you no return at all. With some things, you just have to grin and bear it and this is one of those items where it applies.

(16:th-Sep-2015, 19:05:24)grahamfromoldham Wrote: Its all about market demand i.e. finding a buyer who wants L8 ODX. Mine is for sale (G1 TMT) as I have recently taken it off my car but the trouble is having someone with those initials or meaning that actually wants to buy it. I will probably lose a lot of money on it considering what I paid, but look at it like its just sat on the garage shelf giving you no return at all. With some things, you just have to grin and bear it and this is one of those items where it applies.

Dont know what this one is meant to be, would be strange initials, shame I couldnt find who originally bout the plate and lost it when the car was written off, I aquired a plate this way some years ago, and the owner actually bought it back off me

You could put in on ebay with a starting bid and see what happens

Ive stuck it on now mate, put it on 250 ono but buyer to pay transfer fee, see what happens

Nothing to lose if you find a few that want it you may get them biding

Just want it off really,as she has her own to go on - JD5 4LEX but seems a shame to just loose it in the system, and dont wanna spend 80 myself to retain it

RE: private plates - J1ODYA - 20:th-Sep-2015

I'd let the company pay transfer and hold it on certificate so you can go on your way or you get it off then ebay it but you'll need to cover the £105 fee which I suspect you won't get more than £250 private

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: private plates - Bloopeta - 20:th-Sep-2015

There is no 105 fee now pal, its only 80 to retain now, its all recently changed, you can also do transfers instantly on line

RE: private plates - J1ODYA - 20:th-Sep-2015

Amazing, that extra 25 quid was frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: private plates - Bloopeta - 20:th-Sep-2015

Retention lasts 10 Years now too, so you dont have to keep paying to renew it