Switch to desktop version  
Interior Trim Types - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Interior Trim Types (/showthread.php?tid=1313)

Pages: 1 2 3

Interior Trim Types - sheppy1 - 19:th-Feb-2015

Hi All,

Have a double question here about the interior trim level on the Js. So from looking around I have found that there are at least three different trim level colours with regards to the centre console, door trim etc. What I mean by this is the colour of the plastic around the radio and on the door handles. The colours I have found are as follows:

Dull Silver (this is what I have in mine)
Shiny metallic silver
All black

I'm just wondering if there are any more that I'm not aware of though...?

Also while eBaying around I saw a photo of someones car that had a different coloured dashboard! (red coloured). I didn't think this was even an option but i love it!! (photo below). Does anyone know if this is a aftermarket job or if it's something you can choose when buying the car?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370[/ATTACH]

Thanks

Interior Trim Types - Rusty2009 - 19:th-Feb-2015

I think that's all of them but some people have done there colours on them too.

I do believe its aftermarket job never seen it in the showroom

Rusty2009 Wrote:I think that's all of them but some people have done there colours on them too.

I do believe its aftermarket job never seen it in the showroom

Oh fair enough was thinking there would be loads of others too. May change mine to the metallic silver one at some point.

Okie dokie, I may ask the eBayer as I REALLY like that red on black combo

Edit: according to the seller the red dash along with red stitching on the leather seats is a standard option for the GTC...

Interior Trim Types - tucpal - 19:th-Feb-2015

do you mean this option

if so that is a factory option only.

There is the SRI black and silver trim also

I just painted my trim pearl white and left the gloss black

Yeah that was what I was referring too...Shame i didn't know about that when ordering mine :(

And LOVE that white trim you have!! Would do that with mine but would probably make a mess of it! ha. I'm actually looking to try and find the centre console and air vent trim that matches my new door panel trim.
[MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] how did you actually make the trim white?

Interior Trim Types - JohnL - 26:th-Feb-2015

Early elite's and VXR's had a sort of carbon effect.

Interior Trim Types - sheppy1 - 26:th-Feb-2015

Ahhh that clears that up! Thanks for that and the images too

Looks like I'll have a bit if a mismatch car lol. The door panels have the carbon effect on them but the centre console I bought off rusty doesn't :P

Interior Trim Types - tucpal - 26:th-Feb-2015

it should blend in as the color is very close to the old carbon type

Interior Trim Types - sheppy1 - 26:th-Feb-2015

Yeaahhh don't think it will matter a great deal can't wait to get that and the door cards installed!

Interior Trim Types - sheppy1 - 27:th-Feb-2015

Wondering if anyone can help me out with the colour trim that Wheelan is selling. Basically trying to find the vent trim that matches my new console trim but not sure if the vents he has are the shiny silver to match the console trim or the sort of grey colour of the old trim I have.

Below are the photos of the vent trim and also a side by side of my old console trim and new console trim for comparison:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]397[/ATTACH]

Interior Trim Types - Rusty2009 - 27:th-Feb-2015

I'm sure they my old trim bits mate if so they will be out of the elite [MENTION=40]WhelanUK[/MENTION]?

Oh yeah! Forgot they were your old elite ones...okay well I guess they must be the ones I'm after

Interior Trim Types - tucpal - 27:th-Feb-2015

yes they look like the gray trim you need

Thanks tucpal, we are doing the swap anyaay. Do the current ones just snap off and the new ones clip back on again or is there a method to get them off?

here is a how to

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-to-remove-air-vent-trim

I didn't even think to look for a tutorial for something as specific as that! Ha. Top notch tutorial anyaay, thanks again!

YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH INFO YOU CAN FIND ON AN ASTRA J FORUM RUN BY ASTRA J OWNERS
never a problem mate

Haha just never expected there to be a proper guide and everything especially for this little mods

we almost have everything now i think

Interior Trim Types - dutton84 - 28:th-Feb-2015

Anyone know where you can buy the dash trim from? I can find the double din version but I just want the original one. I've got the silver trim, not to keen on it, plus there's s little scratch above the gearstick which annoys the hell out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interior Trim Types - JohnL - 28:th-Feb-2015

Ebay, a forum or Vauxhall possibly even autovaux. Another option would be wrap or paint your existing one

Yeah I found some on eBay but all are used with more ware than mine.

Found this one, nice colour but way out of my price range and it's got a few scratches http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111580272024

Can you but them from Vauxhall? I just want the centre piece like this but not silver and mint condition

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291289069204

Interior Trim Types - sheppy1 - 28:th-Feb-2015

I went through this exact same ball ache trying to find one in mint condition on ebay and it was impossible! Even came across the same set that you linked too but it's too pricey as you say.

I'm sure auto vaux will have it! You'll just need to find the part numbers and then search on their site vauxhall themselves will probably charge you a small fortune

Interior Trim Types - tucpal - 28:th-Feb-2015

i would phone around a few scrap yards by you and see if they have a j in that has the trim and go and have a look

Ok thanks. Been looking online all afternoon. Checked a few scrap yards. No j's at the moment and left my vin number with autovaux

Think I'll just have to ***** myself through eBay till I find one.

Interior Trim Types - tucpal - 28:th-Feb-2015

i will keep an eye out for you

Interior Trim Types - sheppy1 - 1:st-Mar-2015

Trying to decide if I wanna do my two front leather door cards today :P ha. Don't have the back two yet though and won't have till like June! So don't want it to look daft with mismatched door cards :(

Interior Trim Types - tucpal - 1:st-Mar-2015

you may as well

Interior Trim Types - dutton84 - 1:st-Mar-2015

Ok. Cheers

Sorry to jump in here half way through something but it's relating to trim so didn't want to make a new thread again.

Anyone know the part number for the door handle trim inserts for the elite? Thanks

Interior Trim Types - tucpal - 1:st-Mar-2015

center trim here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251666044631?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's a better price. Im after the darker grey colour or black. Shame though. If it had no signs of use it would be tempting. Might ask for some pictures of the 'minor signs of use'

And thanks.

That looks the same as the one I've just removed from my car...what do you think

[ATTACH]402[/ATTACH]

Looks good to me. Can't see any marks. What colour did you replace it with? You letting that one go?

Yeah no marks at all, mint condition and I replaced it with the black and silver one that rusty sold me. I will be letting it go yeah...will sell it to you if you want it?

Ok. Cool. How much?

£25 via PayPal which will include 48 hour postage...that's what I paid for the one I have from rusty top which colour is the one you have btw?

Deal. I've already got the silver one but it's got a scratch on the passenger side of the gear stick and a deep scratch in the middle horizontal section which shows up black. I'd prefer the dark grey one or black one but if this ones mint I'm happy.

A deal it is! I'll send you my PayPal address in a minute. And ahhh okay then, fair enough mate. Well as I say this one is mint, only changed because I wanted a centre console to match the door cards which I'm currently failing to install lol

Interior Trim Types - Rusty2009 - 2:nd-Mar-2015

sheppy1 Wrote:Sorry to jump in here half way through something but it's relating to trim so didn't want to make a new thread again.

Anyone know the part number for the door handle trim inserts for the elite? Thanks

I'll grab them tomorrow.

Interior Trim Types - sheppy1 - 2:nd-Mar-2015

Rusty2009 Wrote:I'll grab them tomorrow.

Thanks mate

13409816 COVER, ASSIST HANDLE, FRONT DOOR, RH (BLACK INTERIOR, POC 4AA/4CS) (PRODUCTION NO. 13259068)

13409815 COVER, ASSIST HANDLE, FRONT DOOR, LH (BLACK INTERIOR, POC 4AA/4CS) (PRODUCTION NO. 13259067)

Hey Mate,

Is that the whole handle or just the plastic insert that clips into the handle that hides the screws?

Thanks

That's just the insert the rest comes as part of the door card

Okie dokie that's fine bloody rip off thoigh aren't they! Haha

Not checked the price TBF mate

£25 from auto vaux