Switch to desktop version  
Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Members car's progress threads (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 (/showthread.php?tid=1275)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 3:rd-Oct-2015

Disaster! Overnight the front one came away from the car on one side and in the middle [PENSIVE FACE] must have been with it being really cold.

I've bought some of these which are coming tomorrow though so I'll stuck 5 of them on the side that's coming away! Ha

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Tonto - 3:rd-Oct-2015

Oh dear!! Nightmare mate! I may just screw mine on when I get them lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - dutton84 - 3:rd-Oct-2015

That's stuff I bought of eBay is strong as hell. I know mine is a plastic plate but I reckon it'll hold a metal one

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 3:rd-Oct-2015

@tonto I would but don't want them to rust where the holes are

@dutton84 hmmmm can you link me to it in case no more nails doesn't work? I'm worried they will come off while driving today! its because of the curve of the bumper!

Ah right mate, maybe try slightly bending plate to fit bumper and hopefully won't come off again??!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/400329489329

That's how I stuck it on the front

Cheers both! Will buy that stuff if mine fails as I say. And thing is I can't actually pull it off with my hands! It just came off overnight but then when I stuck it back on and tried to pull it off again to test it I wasn't able too...

Cool, thanks for link @dutton84 think I'll get some when I order new plates.
That's very strange @sheppy1 hopefully you get sorted asap!

Wow! The tape that comes with them is crap! Went out and pulled it and it came right off! Was able to peel the stripe off like they were paper! Went to b and q and bought the no more nails

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Nickmagicfingers1981 - 3:rd-Oct-2015

Imho it's not the tape. It's the bumper material the tape just doesn't stick, thats why i have stuck mine to the number plate.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Hmmm bit of both I think as the plate fell off leaving the tape on the bumper... But then I was able to peel the stickers off the bumper really easily too. Used 10 bits of no more nails tape on each plate anyway [WINKING FACE]

Yeah mine is the shiny plastic the same colour as the plastic. Sheppys looks like that rough plastic

But yeah no more nails should hold. Ha.

Hmmmm that's odd! Do you have a pre face-lift car? Mine is rough plastic as you say

It's just got a different trim to yours

Yeah yours is pre face-lift too mate which is why it has a different trim [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Yours is post mine is pre. Mines got that trim because it's and Sri

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Rusty2009 - 3:rd-Oct-2015

Just use some of the wife's clear nail varnish on the hole's.

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - bhalay207 - 3:rd-Oct-2015

^^ "The wife's"..... [WINKING FACE]

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

its fine, it's sticking well now with the no nails been pricing up VXRs again....hahaha

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 4:th-Oct-2015

Here's some photos of the new back and front metal plates with the rear LEDs too [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]. One issue is I'm still worried about those resistors dangling around like they are!

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Rusty2009 - 4:th-Oct-2015

They will be fine, although the LEDS don't look very bright at all.

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 4:th-Oct-2015

They're bright enough for me and way brighter than the stock ones. About as bright as @wheelanuks

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Tonto - 4:th-Oct-2015

(3:rd-Oct-2015, 16:44:22)Rusty2009 Wrote: Just use some of the wife's clear nail varnish on the hole's.

Is this to stop the rust mate?

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - WhelanUK - 4:th-Oct-2015

It might just be the photo. Mine are really bright and someone actually thought I had under car lighting at the back.

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 4:th-Oct-2015

Hahahaha fast and furious Tokyo drift style [WINKING FACE] they did seem bright enough anyway at dusk. Probably extra bright now it's fully dark...

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Rusty2009 - 5:th-Oct-2015

(4:th-Oct-2015, 20:04:07)sheppy1 Wrote: They're bright enough for me and way brighter than the stock ones. About as bright as @wheelanuks

Fair enough mate must just be the pic.

(4:th-Oct-2015, 20:15:57)Tonto Wrote:
(3:rd-Oct-2015, 16:44:22)Rusty2009 Wrote: Just use some of the wife's clear nail varnish on the hole's.

Is this to stop the rust mate?

Yes mate.

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Jj0063 - 5:th-Oct-2015

This is what you need for your plates:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/201432859897

I've used this stuff for a couple of years and never had it fall off or come unstuck.

You need to bend the front plate SLIGHTLY, I just bent it over my knee carefully.

I pull my plates off most weeks when washing the car and still never had any issues.

3M Velcro isn't like traditional Velcro, both sides feel the same & it sort of clicks into place.

If this stuff doesn't work then you're doing it wrong lol. You only need one piece each end of the plate.

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 5:th-Oct-2015

Ooooo thanks for that! Wish I'd have known about those before spending a tenner on 10 no more nails strips haha.

My idea is working great for now though! I'll defo get those 3m pads you suggested if mine ever fail but atm I don't think I could get mine off even if I wanted too haha.

Only have enough money for either alloy spraying or fog light fitting atm...trying to decide which to do! Ha

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - WhelanUK - 5:th-Oct-2015

Go for the dogs mate. They will come in handy in the winter and give you plenty of time to decide what you wanna do with the alloys.

Plus newly refurbished alloys would get a battering in the winter with the grit/salt

Ahhhh good thinking! Right fogs it is [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] have a guy at lookers trying to find the fog light holders for me now anyway.

One issue... My service is coming up next month and at present I need the following:

2 new from tyres
Pair of rear break discs and pads
Pair of wiper blades for front

And that's all info from 6 months ago when I was in last that they said would need doing! Sure even more will come up... I'm gonna be skint [PENSIVE FACE]

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Tonto - 5:th-Oct-2015

Oh dear haha yeah that'll soon start adding up mate. My first service/mot is due March as was done just before I got car. Thinking of maybe doing a service before winter though...

Sure does! However I have a list of things and parts they were going to replace on my car so I have a month to shop around and find it all cheaper [WINKING FACE] ha.

Just means I'll have to halt some of my nodding for a bit [PENSIVE FACE].

So is the upcoming one a major or minor service? Mine is the first major one since I've owned it! Had the car since new

I'm not sure actually, car is 2011 but I've had her since March this year. Wish I could afford a new one haha. Also wish I had waited for an elite with park assist too!

That's funny because I wish I'd have gotten a second hand elite! Hahahaha. I sent 17k on my energy model (mid range one) and have spent a further 2 or 3k kitting it out with as much stuff from an elite as possible! Only missing a few things now haha

Haha nightmare mate. I want heated seats and proper park assist button lol

Yep tell me about it! I have heated seat!!! (single) hahaha. What doed parking assist do?

It's just the little car comes up when parking and shows you how close you are, I like it lol. Same as beep only visual.

You only have one heated seat?

Is this an official thing then or the aftermarket ebay one @tucpal has? And yeah I do :( driver side only with electric lumbar support. The person I got them off never said that only one of them was heated! Think the early models only came with driver side heating. Got them at such a good price though I wasn't bothered . Have the buton for passenger side heated seats though hahaha

Haha bless you, I'd be gutted! It's an oem extra, can be retrofitted bough 'I think'. I've grown sick of my sensors they keep beeping to say one it broken but then the next time only 1 beep so a different one is broken but other is now fine and then no beeps so god knows haha!

I have a display and warning beeps for front and rear parking sensors.

The park assist is actually (Advanced Park Assist) scans for a parking space and tells you to turn the wheel etc etc.

Yeah that haha, think it's quite cool and never seen it before!

(5:th-Oct-2015, 17:38:23)Tonto Wrote: Yeah that haha, think it's quite cool and never seen it before!

It comes as part of the blind side package, I was going to retrofit it but I'm saving money for a full respray.

Bloody hell! So many cool features that were options on these cars that I wish I knew about when I ordered mine!!!!! Hahaha.

I'm donw about £360 today :(

Got some continentals coming to replace my worn front pirellis (being fit next week too)
Got some EBC break pads and discs coming to replace my 80% worn rear ones
Have a pair of replacement bosch wiper blades coming too as they were worn!

Poor car isn't in a good state right now haha. Be all nice and happy again once this is done Shame I'll probably have tyo abandon the fog light idea as I can't get anyone to do the VCI code and don't have £140 odd quid spare to be spending on it atm either :( so sad

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Lewis6317 - 7:th-Oct-2015

Like the steering wheel

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 7:th-Oct-2015

Cheers mate! Be better when it's in the car! Haha

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - tucpal - 7:th-Oct-2015

get it in it only takes 10 mins ha ha

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 7:th-Oct-2015

I went too but it's an xmas pressie so I'm not allowed it yet [PENSIVE FACE] hahaha

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - WhelanUK - 7:th-Oct-2015

What other models have steering wheels that will the Astra does anyone know?

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - dutton84 - 7:th-Oct-2015

(7:th-Oct-2015, 10:10:43)sheppy1 Wrote: I went too but it's an xmas pressie so I'm not allowed it yet hahaha

That would be straight on my car. I'd be saying I'm not 10 love. I'm sure xmas will still be the same if I haven't got a main present to open. Ha.