VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Gear box oil, to change or not to change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So your thinking of changing your gear box oil? Well... So was I. I wanted to know if there are any NOTICABLE benefits, only takes about 15 mins and will cost £25 for 2L(you need 1.5L for the 2.0 diesel but can only buy in 1L). Will do a how to later this evening but this thread is to chat about it. What's your opinions?
gear box oil has a long life but like any oil changing it can do no harm
it has to be done at some point so why not
you will find a torx bolt at the top of the gearbox undo that
then if you look underneath near the drive shaft you will see the drain nut undo that till all the oil is out
All done, very easy job, gonna do a how to soon, benefits ARE noticeable straight away, goes into and comes out of gear much smoother, we'll worth doing
well done
Cameron UK Wrote:All done, very easy job, gonna do a how to soon, benefits ARE noticeable straight away, goes into and comes out of gear much smoother, we'll worth doing

Glad it worked mate.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Cough cough where's the guide? Tongue

Good to know you've noticed a difference.
Going to do mine, there's a bit of a debate on vxronline at the mo on which oil to use and the quantity as a few are saying 1.8lts isn't enough for the F40 with the Dexler LSD

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
JohnL Wrote:Cough cough where's the guide? Tongue

Good to know you've noticed a difference.

Haha fell asleep bud, will try do it now before work Smile