VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Driver-side cubbyhole catch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.  I've been a bit heavy handed and pulled the latch off the driver's side cubbyhole.  I can clip the latch back in to the door lid, but there's a black wire spring and I don't know where it goes.  I'm hoping someone has an exploded diagram of how it fits together.  Or details of how to remove the door if it's simple, so I can work out where the spring goes.  Many thanks.
Thank you.

I discovered that if you squeeze the right hand side of the storage bin inwards when it's open, the door flaps down and the whole assembly unclips at its hinges at the bottom.  That meant I was able to sit down with it at a table with a good light, and investigate.

After that it was just half an hour of testing every conceivable location for the (non symmetrical) spring and catch until suddenly it all fell in to place. The spring attaches to two posts which are continuations of the posts which the cubby door hinges from.

Then it was a matter of reinstalling the cubby in the dash.  Hook on the bottom hinges, fold it up, and then give it a good thump and it all goes back together nicely.

Moral of the story, don't reach in through the window to open the bonnet, but grab and yank the cubby handle by mistake!