VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Progress thread - AstraRT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, 

I'm quite new to the forum but thought id join you all in posting some progress pictures and details.

I bought my 2013 1.4 Astra GTC Sri in June 2020 (as a first car birthday gift for myself Big grin)

Here she is:

[attachment=1228]

The previous owner had added the black alloys and changed the wing mirrors to have black covers.
(Which if they hadn't I certainly would have done as it makes the car look soooo much better.)

I then went onto change the headlights & DTR light from the stock ones to bright white ones.

[attachment=1229]

All the interior lights were changed to a 'whiter' colour.
Along with the boot light, side indicator lights, number plate light and vanity mirror.

I upgraded from the OEM radio as shown (not my exact one but just for reference):

[attachment=1230]

To this aftermarket unit which had wired & wireless Carplay built-in. (android auto too if that's your thing).

[attachment=1231] [attachment=1232]
Next was to add a reverse camera.

(The car already came with both front and rear parking sensors)

[attachment=1233] [attachment=1234]

I also hardwired a dashcam which has a 24hr parking camera so it'll see everything all the time Big grin

Not sure what else I want to do to the car, it already has a lot of add ons which I find very useful Smile
Thanks for reading guys.
Welcome to the forum

Looks like you are getting on well with the mods there.
Welcome. Very nice looking car there and nice start to the mods. Have you considered changing the colours of the leds on all the control buttons? Nearly finished doing all of them on mine.
(5:th-Jan-2021, 21:04:39)Jetcolour Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome. Very nice looking car there and nice start to the mods. Have you considered changing the colours of the leds on all the control buttons? Nearly finished doing all of them on mine.

Thanks, guys

& Jetcolour
I've seen a few posts on changing the LED colour... kind of like the red but it would be nice for a change, especially the screen on the dash.
Might have to be my next challenge. ?
Coming along very nicely.