VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: GTC DRL's on Canbus? and Best White LEDs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I dont have a great understanding of cars but own an Astra GTC 1.4T 2013 and want to change my DRL's to white bulbs as I have purchased white headlight bulbs. Having looked over the forum at some very detailed threads regarding bulbs it has left me quite confused. 

I have read on some that the GTC has a system called Canbus and that DRL's are on this system which could cause error codes but then on other threads that the GTC DRL's arent on this system. I was wondering if anyone could clarify for me in regards to whether these bulbs are on the system or not.

Secondly, I would like to place LED white bulbs as my DRL's to remove the horrible yellow/white colour. Having seen the threads I believe that my bulb is W21/5w (580). I was wondering what the best white LEDs that are out there which would fit and where I can get them. 

Kind regards,

Alex
Yes they are on the can bus (some cars have a more sensitive canbus to others) you may need to use load resistors you may not.

Yes that;s the correct bulb.

in terms of LED I couldn't advise as I have LED DRL as standard.
CYLED on facebook mate sells them all error free