VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: newbie needs info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi al, l1st time on the site & GTC owner. Have just purchased a 2013 1.4 gtc, im not a fan of the puncture repair kits so I want to replace this with a space saver spare wheel. I have 18" alloys fitted so I would like to know what size wheel & tyre plus any other info I need to buy one
thx
(14:th-May-2020, 20:51:28)Gary13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi al, l1st time on the site & GTC owner. Have just purchased a 2013 1.4 gtc, im not a fan of the puncture repair kits so I want to replace this with a space saver spare wheel. I have 18" alloys fitted so I would like to know what size wheel & tyre plus any other info I need to buy one
thx

Hi I have a GTC on 18inch alloys my space saver tyre is marked 125/70 R17 98M so that's a 17inch by 5inch rim with the tyre side wall making up the height difference got mine of ebay £90 with jack/tools and foam fitting kit, like you have found that the inflation glup do's not work, they are sold new ebay amazon and Vauxhall but at a price, should have got one when I brought the car £110 but thought I was being cleaver
(15:th-May-2020, 10:14:20)andyp Wrote: [ -> ]
(14:th-May-2020, 20:51:28)Gary13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi al, l1st time on the site & GTC owner. Have just purchased a 2013 1.4 gtc, im not a fan of the puncture repair kits so I want to replace this with a space saver spare wheel. I have 18" alloys fitted so I would like to know what size wheel & tyre plus any other info I need to buy one
thx

Hi I have a GTC on 18inch alloys my space saver tyre is marked 125/70 R17 98M so that's a 17inch by 5inch rim with the tyre side wall making up the height difference got mine of ebay £90 with jack/tools and foam fitting kit, like you have found that the inflation glup do's not work, they are sold new ebay amazon and Vauxhall but at a price, should have got one when I brought the car £110 but thought I was being cleaver

Hi Andyp, thank you for the info, just what I needed to know, as I say I have only just brought the car, I take it the repair kit & surrounding area just lifts out & the spare wheel well is underneath, once again thanks