VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Fault codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys any help will be appreciated.. What are these codes for?
Could be faulty map sensor and fuel pressure sensor. More thank likely the map sensor has caused the fault.

I would clear the codes, drive it around and see if they come back.

What diag tool have you used?
I cleared the codes using opcom them went for a drive and they haven't returned.... Will the sensor still need changing and what would cause it?
It depends they could be old codes stored or if someone has been unplugging sensors it could throw up the codes. I would keep running it and keep monitoring see if they return.
OK thanks just abit of advice my dpf soot levels are 131% but the car isn't regenerating?
I don't know on that one. It maybe it needs a forced regen, not recommended but you would ideally want to do it through GM MDI
What's that?
It's the proper vauxhall tool used with vauxhall software
Okay if I took it to a dealer could they identify the problem?
Quite possibly
if its running ok forget about it. it will tell you when it ready to regen.if you take it to the dealers you end up paying stupid money.i just take mine for a good run when it ready.also remenber op com is not as good on newer cars
Ive owned the car around 6 months and done over 4k miles and it's not regenerating

Also the EGT sensor always reads at 0 degrees even when the cars warm but there's no fault codes?
what type of driving where you doing and what was your mpg
Mainly dual carriage way but since lock down so the past 6 odd weeks alot of town driving and around the 44mpg mark?
dont worry thats ok
So. Whens it's due a regen will the dash flash up or. Is it got to be kept on the top consumers
it will tell you on dash
OK what message will show up? Soni can look out for it
cant remenber the exact words but it may go in to limp mode.on the screen it say somthing like dont drive.then go for a italian tune and when done the screen will go back to normal,then check for fault code or what i carry ahand held fault reader to reset it
So how often does yours regen?
mostly town driving,so about every 2 months or so