VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Car key gets stuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It happened to me lately that I am unable to remove my car key after I have stopped the engine. This is very recent. The only trick I found was to re-engage the key (switch on without starting), move back from P to D, then back to P again, and finally turn the key anticlockwise and it would then come out!

Any idea how to solve this permanently? Thank you in advance.

Kirsley
Could be a few things.

1 Do you lots of keys on there the weight from the keys could of affected the pins in the barrel.
2 Did you try wiggle the steering wheel also much like when the steering lock is on and you can't turn the key.
3 It's an auto so if it wasn't fully engaged into P (Park) that may well have stopped the key from coming out.

If anything I would advise using some lock grease (NOT WD40).
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mul-T-Lock-Cy...Sw2BFdZlgc
Happened to me as well. Just changed the gear knob and it went away. The park gear wasn’t engaging well.
I lubricated the ignition key lock when it happened with my auto.

When pressing the unlock button on the gearstick to move from park, reverse, etc, I could hear that the interlock in the ignition key area was operating intermittently.