VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Squeek/Rattle when starting engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning all, wondering if somebody could please shed some light

Had my car sitting at work for 9 hours yesterday and when I started it I heard a 2 second ish rattle/squeek which I'm unaware of and this has never happened before. I turned the car off and on again but didn't hear it again. Around 10pm last night I had to move my car, so turned it on after it been sitting with no movement for 5 hours, cold engine but heard nothing. Then again this morning I heard the squeek/rattle again

Any ideas? I drive a 2015 GTC limited edition with 39,000 on the clock. Constantly having problems with this car!!
As it's engine related, it would help to know what engine is under the bonnet.
(5:th-Feb-2019, 12:09:57)Big Dave2 Wrote: [ -> ]As it's engine related, it would help to know what engine is under the bonnet.

2.0L diesel
On mine every now and then I get strange metal to metal sounds last a couple of seconds and it's not all the time.

I've not been able to pinpoint it.
I get an occasional squeak/whispy noise from the cambelt in damp/wet conditions. A quick squirt of wd-40 through the cambelt cover soon shuts it up for a couple of months.

Probably not the same noise as your though.

Just wondering if you have a leaky hydraulic valve lifter which would explain it's only occasional and for a couple of seconds until it's primed with oil again.