VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: CD400, in meriva B, mid-speed can-bus off, wont allow can learn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering if anyones had this before? 
2011 meriva B (1.3 cdti) CD400 with GID, 
always been getting the following code on the radio: U0074

[attachment=978]

The other 2 codes are for the IPC, as im still messing with it...

but i was getting that U0074 code when i only had an op-com for diagnosis, so it's not the clone tech2 giving a fake code, and i was getting it before i ever touched anything electrical in the car.

The Tech2 gives an option to do a can bus re-learn on most modules... it asks if ignition is on, i press the button to say it is, then i'm instructed to turn ignition off, a bar progresses across screen, told to turn ignition back on, procedure completed. 

Except if i try that with the radio... it fails the second i press the soft key button to confirm the ignition is turned on, does the same if i've turned ignition off, Tech2 gives a low beep, and it says 'failed' 

the multimedia module communicates fine, and i've done a can-bus relearn on all modules i can, the radio always refuses. the radio is working fine as far as i can tell. 

had a look behind the radio, and there is a wire out... not sure where it's from tho... there's no empty terminal in the block,  it's a shield that's loose... looks almost as if deliberately done: 
[attachment=979]

That 'could' be the shield for the mid speed can bus i suppose??, and would explain why it says it's off... except i can actually communicate with the radio, i can do the speaker test from the Tech2, so it's talking to it somehow.

i know i want to replace the CD400 for a navi system sometime (anyone selling a navi950 for a good price, i want one) but i want to be sure that the car is wired fine before i do that, as i imagine i'll have a lot of wiring changes to make for that mod.
Have you tried attaching that lose wire to an earth and seeing if it'll go through then?
Hold on just looking at your pic of the plug the yellow wire in pin 1 should be in pin 2 and pin 2 should be in pin 3.
I have a shield like that floating around in mine, well its tucked in the loom sleaving

I would agree with rusty on the wiring too

it does look a sparse radio connector though just thinking out load as to how different the meriva radio wiring is if any