VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: engine hunting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all.
can any one tell me if they have like me, I have a 1.7 d 2012 astra j .
some time`s when the engine is sitting idel the engine give hunting sound and the rev`s go up and down slightly.
the other thing is, sometimes when I get out of the car there is a very strong smell of burning rubber (it`s not the tyres)
but the temp gauge don't go up.
(18:th-Mar-2018, 23:43:04)marky79 Wrote: [ -> ]hi all.
some time`s when the engine is sitting idel the engine give hunting sound and the rev`s go up and down slightly.
the other thing is, sometimes when I get out of the car there is a very strong smell of burning rubber (it`s not the tyres)

am I the only one with this problem ????
I've noticed the same on the 2.0cdti.

What I have noticed is it seems to do it when the battery is low.
(18:th-Mar-2018, 23:43:04)marky79 Wrote: [ -> ]hi all.

I had the same problem on my astra j 2011, 1.7CDTI except for the smell. Anyway, it was failed 
FUEL PUMP PRESSURE REGULATOR SUCTION CONTROL VALVE, replaced damn thing and now idling normaly.

cheers