VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Lock/Unlock buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Might be a silly or obvious question but:  I have a 2011 astra - it has the lock and unlock button above the CD.
My question - are these buttons meant to be illuminated when activated?  I have it lock automatically when driving off and hear the clunk but nothing on the buttons.
They should only be on when the lights are on.
(26:th-Aug-2017, 16:00:13)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]They should only be on when the lights are on.

Thanks Rusty, just thought it odd that they they do not come on whenever.  At least I can stop pulling my hair out (what's left anyway).

Just got this Astra after the last one was written off by a woman who did not like stooping at a roundabout  Thud

Finding the bit's and pieces on the replacement is fun but this forum sure helps - glad I found it.
(26:th-Aug-2017, 16:00:13)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]They should only be on when the lights are on.

Is their brightness supposed to be controlled through the wheel thingie next to the lights switch?
(27:th-Aug-2017, 12:31:16)zzattack Wrote: [ -> ]

Is their brightness supposed to be controlled through the wheel thingie next to the lights switch?

Yes mate
Aha, that may very well be the source of my buzz then

Just checked and the buttons are backlit when the ignition is on but I would have thought the "lock" was prominent if activated so you could see at a glance.
You know what thought did  Rotfl Couch

No sadly not though.
(29:th-Aug-2017, 08:14:47)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]You know what thought did  Rotfl Couch

No sadly not though.

Never assume you know the obvious  Rotfl Rofl