VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Front Bumper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.  I've had my Astra for over 5 years now and come back and forth to this forum whenever I need to do something on my car and always finding great help but never had to register before now and post.

I hit a deer on Tuesday night and it's done some damage to my bumper, grille and badge.  I don't think I will need a new bumper as there is only a slight crack that no one might notice but I will need a new grille and I won't know for sure until I've managed to fit the bumper back into place.  I'm also not bothered too much about the badge but I would like to replace this in the future at some point anyway.

The passenger end of the bumper is sitting about an inch out from the front fog light.  I have front parking sensors and the 2 on the passengers end (1 in the grille and 1 on the bumper) had been pushed back behind the bumper, I've managed to "fish" them out and duct taped them back onto the bumper until I get the chance have a proper look at it.  I also think their is foam (not sure the current name) behind the bumper which has moved and this is what is causing it not to sit proper.

Anyway, I'm going to spend some time at the weekend and take the bumper off following a guide I found on here and assess how it is and hopefully fix as much as I can and find out exactly what I need.  What I was wondering though and if anyone could help me, Can anyone suggest where I can look to get the parts, I've asked my local dealer where I bought the car from but they still haven't got back to me and I doubt they will let me just buy the parts and fit myself.

Can I buy the bumper, grille and badge all as 1 or do I need to purchase it all separate?  Should I replace the foam (don't know what damage has been done to it yet).  I had a quick search on line but the bumpers I was finding appear to be for a different model (possibly the older style) and the only grille I've been able to find that looks similar doesn't seem to have the "hole" for the parking sensors.

Picture isn't the best, I took it at the side of the motorway just after it happened.  It's a 61 Plate Astra Elite and I bought it just over 5 years ago new :-)

Thanks

[Image: WSuuC]
Welcome to VXOC.

Ok so the foam pad is called a crash pad, if damaged it would be be best to replace.

Yes you can buy parts from a dealer and fit your self.

If you wanted to buy a bumper complete your'd be better of looking on ebay you have the pre-facelift bumper but you also have AFL lighting which means you have headlamp wash not many cars were specced with AFL so finding a 2nd hand bumper won't be be easy if you need one.

Lower bumper grill with hols for parking sensors part number 13297795

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NEW-VA...SwezVW1Gl5

Top grill I can't find one with all the chrome and badge but here's aftermarket debadged

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-DEBADGED...2001500192