VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Service vehicle soon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have opel astra 2013, and there is the service vehicle soon shows up, I did service yesterday but they didnt reset it.
How to do the reset?
Any help!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
(11:th-May-2017, 15:50:12)zaghloul Wrote: [ -> ]I have opel astra 2013, and there is the service vehicle soon shows up, I did service yesterday but they didnt reset it.
How to do the reset?
Any help!

The "Service Vehicle Soon" message doesn't actually mean that. It's the misleading "you've got an engine management fault" message. Instead of Vauxhall using a Car/spanner light, you now get the SVS message instead.

In short, it needs putting on a fault code reader to find out what's triggered it.
(12:th-May-2017, 11:08:14)Big Dave2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11:th-May-2017, 15:50:12)zaghloul Wrote: [ -> ]I have opel astra 2013, and there is the service vehicle soon shows up, I did service yesterday but they didnt reset it.
How to do the reset?
Any help!

The "Service Vehicle Soon" message doesn't actually mean that. It's the misleading "you've got an engine management fault" message. Instead of Vauxhall using a Car/spanner light, you now get the SVS message instead.

In short, it needs putting on a fault code reader to find out what's triggered it.

If the oil life is low enough then yes the SVS message could mean just that.

If the oil life isn't low then as you say it's pointing to something else.
(13:th-May-2017, 07:24:25)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]If the oil life is low enough then yes the SVS message could mean just that.

If the oil life isn't low then as you say it's pointing to something else.

Mine says "change engine oil soon" when oil life only has a few % remaining.
It was the thermostat which is causing this issue i will change it next week