VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Astra j updated headlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello im looking to replace my headlights to the updated oem drl's (not sure if its an update or an option?) . Im just wondering of course can it be done easily or at all? , can i use insignia headlights? And wheres the best place to purchase without going to vauxhall . My car is 2.0 cdti ecoflex 2013.

Many thanks .
Do you mean the LED DRL/Sidelight?
Yes Rusty , ive got the normal halogon bulbs :(
Yes Rusty , i have standard halogen bulbs atm .
Your best bet would be Ebay for the lights.

They will throw up errors though I'm sure a VCI could be requested so your BCM knows it has LED instead of Halogen.
Thanks rusty im unsure what vci bcm mean ? , can the faults be cleared at vauxhall . Will have a look on ebay .
VCI is Vehicle config index & BCM is Body control module.

I very much doubt a dealer will be able to do it.

McGill2009

@Rusty2009 Would that apply to the rear lights as well? I've got the happy blue module currently which cancels out the error.
(29:th-Apr-2017, 09:36:54)McGill2009 Wrote: [ -> ]@Rusty2009 Would that apply to the rear lights as well? I've got the happy blue module currently which cancels out the error.

Yes but that depends on GM giving it to you if your model/year didn't leave factory with they would reject the request.
I upgraded my halogen headunit to the factory LED ones. I even had happy blue too.

1) it is plug and play. Happy blue cannot cancel out the errors that will be shown. They will need a code (vci) which will tell your cars computer (bcm) that they are there.

2) you can't use insignia headlights as they are a different shape

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Hi, I have replaced my drl with blue glass type and looks ok but my dipped lights now look dim , what can I replace them with to give a nice white dipped light ? I am running an astra gtc j 180 hp (2011) thanks .