VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Android Headunits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking at upgrading from my CD400 to an Android headunit soon. I know a lot of people here use the M072 and it seems to have reasonable reviews but I have noticed that Icebox also do an Android 6.0 headunit for basically the same money. It also has a better processor and more memory. 
Heres a link http://www.iceboxauto.com/opel-astra-j-2...d-60-b5754
Has anyone any experience of the Android 6.0 headunit or is it best to stick with the tried and tested M072?
Due to the customisation required to get Android working and stable on these different hardware platforms, you would be better served by going with a tried, tested and supported version of Android. The s160 (m072) firmware is pretty well supported thru roadnav dot com and the manufacturer.

There is a lad on the forum who has a different unit which runs a custom 5.1 version. He has plenty of problems with it which don't appear to get resolved by anyone.

I have a android TV box which happens to run almost the exact spec and components (cpu) as the m072. It's pretty much unusable due to the rubbish custom Android 5.1 version on it. I. E constant reboots etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cheers. I was leaning more towards the M072 as everyone seems to like it but was enticed by better cpu, RAM and storage.