VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: ECU Remap or Pedal Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All, 

I have 1.4 GTC and looking to improve it. I cant decide either to have a remap or buy a pedal box.

any advice?

Thanks
A remap will give you outright power where as a pedal box will only improve pedal responsiveness. That being said, I have a pedal box on my 2.0 Cdti and it really improves the urgency of the drive.

I would certainly recommend one. I was hoping for a remap as well but the tuner couldn't write back to the ecu.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2nd hand pedal boxes come up on ebay from time to time around the 50 to 80 quid mark.

Astra J pedal box is generic so fits all models.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I would go for a remap over a pedal box and a pedal box over a tuning chip. Personally though, for the cost of a 2nd hand pedal box, I would be tempted to try one of them first just to see if it satisfied my needs, if it didn't I would then go for a remap and sell the pedal box on.
remap is the best option
Thanks for the advice.

i have been looking over weekend and been quoted around £200 -£250 for remap so think im going with that after xmas but just worried will it be to much for a 1.4 engine