VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Lowering springs damage CV joints?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

Vauxhall did a health check on my GTC today and all good except both my CV joints are split. Unfortunately they said they won't be covered under warranty because it's a result of the Eibach's I've fitted.

Dealer fob-off or have they got a point?

Manager's calling me tomorrow, and i've done a quick bit of research myself and from what I understand the lowered springs cause the joint to sit at a different angle?

Any thoughts? Thanks all.
Sounds like a fob off to me. I'm assuming your talking about the rubber boot and not the joint itself. its a rubber boot designed to flex under different loading conditions its likely burst under wear and tear unless something is rubbing off them which I highly doubt. how much have you lowered the car? and do the boots look stretched?
I think it's the rubber boots, but I'm not an expert here so will clarify tomorrow. I've also got the video they recorded so I'll post up the link - it shows the leakage from them when it's up on the ramp.

And its not an extreme drop, just the eibach pro kit.
Unfortunately anything associated with the suspension isn't covered as you've modified it, also cv boots are a wear and tear item

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
As above