VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Accelera PHI tyres.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone running Accelera tyres on their Astra? if so what is your thoughts. Debating whether to have a punt at them. They seem very popular on the Insignia/alpha forums. Obviously certain tyres work better on other cars. I've currently got nexen HD on the front and they are very good so I'm certainly no tyre snob so no "buy the most expensive tyres" replies. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Iirc a lot of people where complaining about them a year or so back.

I'm looking into the uniroyals rainsport 3 for my 18" wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(5:th-Jun-2016, 21:30:58)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Iirc a lot of people where complaining about them a year or so back.

I'm looking into the uniroyals rainsport 3 for my 18" wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers.

Yeah I've heard good things about those too. Ditched the Accelera idea. No rim protection at all. Mine are 18s too

I have accelera PHI on my 2.0 Cdti. (front) 19 inch. Decent grip in the dry and wet. I got 20k out of the previous set on the front. They were good enough for me to buy them again for the fronts. I still have continental sport contact 3s on the back.

I believe the phi uses the continental sport contact 2 mould?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
They do look very similar but the compound is different apparently. What is the rim protection like on them. Is the tyre pretty much flush with the rim?

It's not quite a rim protector. [Image: fa698ab1a04915d8899e4ad10ecbbaff.jpg]

Wear after 20k miles on the front. [Image: 7ba0553a53524f6478d10aeda9cebc3b.jpg]

Slightly more wear in the inside. I had the tracking done when I put the new tyres on.

Cheers. Yeah not much rim protection.