VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Door Pins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Folks being the genius that I am I have somewhat over ordered on alloy door pins. I have 8 but only 2 doors on the GTC....... Oops, must pay more attention when ordering online late at night.

Fitted some this morning on my red GTC and I really like them. Pics below.[Image: 968dceb9bc45472ddd9687e24ffcadde.jpg][Image: 1be0e17849710d9f517fc84bc2811dac.jpg][Image: 7dbc3e8ab02b8fbdf35403f613d62443.jpg]

I'll hold 2 as spares but that leaves 4 looking a good home. Happy to post them either as a set for a 4 door or 2 sets of 2 door, if you want them contact me. Just going to get dusty here someone may as well enjoy them. First come first served.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
I would be careful with those pins as if the window breaks or is open they are easy to push manually, which may be an incentive to potential thieves.

My brother-in-law has seen his car robbed due to using similar pins.
Well there's the shine off them then!! Out of interest how are they any different to the OEM plastic ones? They push/pull the same as the plastic ones they replaced the mechanism below isn't altered, they simply screw on. Maybe draw the eye of a potential nefarious type but other than that. Just curious.

Aren't them a bit taller than the stock ones? The stock ones, when recessed don't stand out so they are very difficult to grab. And they have rounded tips, which makes it even more difficult.
I wouldnt worry. If people want to break in they will. Doesnt matter what we do. Look great they do

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
(4:th-Jun-2016, 15:49:42)xtech Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't them a bit taller than the stock ones? The stock ones, when recessed don't stand out so they are very difficult to grab. And they have rounded tips, which makes it even more difficult.
Ah, see your point. Kind of working on the "if they want it, they'll take it" philosophy. Of course hopefully they won't....

When you deadlock the car the door pins stop working anyone so I see your point but it's unfounded.

I like them just prefer my chrome ones.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(4:th-Jun-2016, 18:10:03)J1ODYA Wrote: [ -> ]When you deadlock the car the door pins stop working anyone so I see your point but it's unfounded.

That's nice! I've never noticed that... just have my car about 2 weeks ago Smile
is it like my other cars that have had deadlocks do you have to doublle press the key fob to deadlock
^^^^ yes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk