VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: 1.6 nasp petrol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Performance is dreadful........flatspots everywhere below about 4k, can anything be done to make it better ?
A pedal box may help
A pedal car would be faster !! - I've looked into those pedal boxes, more investigation needed this afternoon.
There are plenty of routes to make the engine more responsive, however, none of them will be cheap for a normally aspirated car

Things like cams would make a difference top end, but, you may lose some bottom end performance, making it feel even more sluggish
I was wondering if the ecu was re-programmable at all , Will look at the normal things like airfilter, exhaust etc. I have a feeling these engines are setup up for emissions and economy and yes any changes will cost money .....hmmm what to do.
(27:th-May-2016, 14:47:41)GOKIWI Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if the ecu was re-programmable at all , Will look at the normal things like airfilter, exhaust etc. I have a feeling these engines are setup up for emissions and economy and yes any changes will cost money .....hmmm what to do.

If you find a solution let me know please Smile
I have found this.

http://www.hyperchips.co.uk/Default.aspx...ch-results

have asked for some more information.
15bhp increase is about all you will get from a map and along with the pedal box
should improve the drive but not dramatically