VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Best DRLs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okie dokie so I love my new headlights but the DRLs aren't as bright as my factory LED ones...They are at night but during the day they're not...

Night Shot:

[Image: ba2f8ed98d9c52b8f044750ad3d5508a.jpg]

Day Shot:

[Image: e876c9324ef60f7542b49013aa24eb01.jpg]

My question is, what are the best LED DRLs that folks have found? I have these apparently: (they came with the headlights)

[Image: 294434d230c7f5af952495ee738d2dfc.jpg]

I also have some of the blue bulb halogens from Halfords which I haven't tried yet...They any good?

I know there is a sticky on this but wasn't sure if the options in there were still the best

Ta Smile
Try turning the LED round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're the same all around though mate... Even amount of leds on each side

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
They should be brighter in DRL mode and dimmer in sidelight mode.

So by turning the bulb round 180 and plugging it back in might make them work the correct way round.
I think in general you'll find that the LEDs on those headlights aren't massively bright during the day. I know mine aren't. You need to remember that your previous lights weren't just one bulb they were 4/5 in a row and in a smaller reflective housing so they'll put put much more light that the ones me and you have.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Cheers dude... Didn't know that about them being the wrong way around. Just tested though and they defo dim in side light mode so must be the right way around

I wish mine were brighter. I've said it a dozen times but for the cost of them I'm disappointed with the ones I got from HID Direct. I'm tempted to get some cree bulbs and see if they male a difference

Seems so hit and miss with these DRLs! Aren't the hid direct ones the ones @nemo has?

Yep, but mine work a treat
Are they the newer style ones @nemo ?

No they're the ones from before
Same as I have then.... Mine are flickering and I'm sure some of the LEDs have stopped altogether