VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: custom steering wheels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just contacted a company called control custom steering wheels via facebook, i had seen they had modified a standard steering wheel, to look like a vxr steering wheel, when i get my car i will definatly be going with this company.

they quoted me 145 quid to convert a standard steering wheel to a biturbo lookalike, i think thats very cheap when you consider a real one is like nearly 400 quid. 

anyway just thoought id tell you lot

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...1341163897
I would be cautious with these facebook companies, I cannot see any business address and the internet picks up very little about them. Judging by the grammar I would say they are foreign owned. This I presume would be a mail order transaction, you post to them and they send it back to you which would be a worry when dealing with a company with very limited history and no feedback.
in the communication, the english was abit broken so i guess they are foreign
I'd only use Jack at Royal Steering Wheels. Awesome feedback
Wonder how they flatten the bottom of the wheel? Smile

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(8:th-Apr-2016, 05:36:54)marcus Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder how they flatten the bottom of the wheel? Smile

There's a pic of an in progress wheel on thay FB page... They seem to add a frame to the parts they want to flatten and then cover them with the leather or fabric

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
(8:th-Apr-2016, 09:07:48)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(8:th-Apr-2016, 05:36:54)marcus Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder how they flatten the bottom of the wheel? Smile

There's a pic of an in progress wheel on thay FB page... They seem to add a frame to the parts they want to flatten and then cover them with the leather or fabric

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
That's OK then. Had some nasty images in my mind..... Smile

(7:th-Apr-2016, 23:52:33)Jj0063 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd only use Jack at Royal Steering Wheels. Awesome feedback

have contacted that one for a price,  i think i will get a steering wheel sorted whist i wait for my licence back, shouldnt be long now lol, i said that last time lol, wwhen i get my car i want all the parts ready
He can't do flat bottom just so you know, but his work is amazing I can assure you.
Oh ok

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
They look very good quality.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
i think i will take the risk with the facebook company,