VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: GTC: washer jet adjustment tool.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My son has recently bought a 14-reg 2.0 Sri GTC and the  drivers-side washer jets are well of out of alignment;  a very common problem it seems.

Thinking of buying one of these: NOZZLE ADJUSTING TOOL’.

Anyone used one?...if so any tips/advice on how to use it correctly without buggering up the nozzles etc.

All replies gratefully received.
they work but it still takes a fair few attempts to get it better aimed
I had an old corsa, just used a needle from a sewing kit
the new vauxhalls need a special tool now
Lol gone of the days of a need

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Let us know how it works out

(20:th-Feb-2016, 15:31:27)Quinniain Wrote: [ -> ]Lol gone of the days of a need

Let us know how it works out

OP here; update for anyone interested.

I ordered an adjustment-tool (arrived today) and I’ve spent the morning trying! to improve the GTC spray pattern, but with limited success.

The adjustment tool itself works perfectly; you just need to coax/tease the prongs gently into the nozzle, hold it firmly (and squarely) and the nozzle jets move quite easily and smoothly, clockwise or anti-clockwise.

The problem on our GTC was the ‘drivers side’ jets; one ‘drivers side’ jet was reasonably ok, delivering water to the centre of the windscreen but the other ‘drivers side’ jet was missing the windscreen altogether. The wayward jet was aimed too high and was actually drenching the drivers side window!

I’ve spent a good hour (and 3 full tanks of water!) trying to get a decent balance between the 2 jets on the drivers side. Although I now have a reasonably good coverage directly in the drivers eye-line the other jet sends about 50% of its payload onto the mid-windscreen whilst the rest ends up on the roof. The ‘passenger-side’ pair of jets are only marginally better.

Having nozzles that are designed to ‘diffuse’ the jets of water is a  good thing,… but not to the degree that the GTC seems to do. I’ve never seen windscreen washers that deliver the water in such  a ‘misty’ (for want of a better word) fashion.