VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Clicking clutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time I decompress the clutch, it makes a noticeable clicking sound as if it's metal on metal. You can feel in as you press it and hear it too. It happens just at the start of the decompression too.

Anyone know if a bit of grease will sort it or is it an underlying thing that a mechanic needs to look at?
yes grease will sort it out very common problem
use some bearing grease and apply by hand get it on the spring
hard to get to but you will see what i mean when you get your hand up there
I've seen the piston with grease on, is it next to that?

I'm trying to look on Halfords but it only has multi purpose grease @Tucpal
Cheers mate, I'm popping in today, the other half is buying me a dashcam for my birthday
cool add some nice pics etc of that

here you go there is a thread on this here

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-squ...tch-peddle
Mate it's not a squeak, it's a clicking noise like metal on metal
press the clutch pedal if it make a clicking or squeak that will be the problem
Bought some today, I can't apply it just yet, bit busy
@Tucpal I applied some of that grease and it hasn't worked. I couldn't see the spring you were referring to, I even stuck my hand all the way and couldn't feel it. I did see the piston that it pushes so I applied it to that but it's still not done anything, any suggestions?
Update: the car went to the garage for its heated seat replacement and I mentioned the clutch pedal. They've just rang me, mentioned they've tried everything with the spring and it couldn't be fixed so now I need a new clutch pedal apparently. @Tucpal
and are they paying it maybe your spring had broke
Bests the usual "sorry we can't find a fault"'

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk