VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Colour Display in CD400
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Chaps Smile

Okay two parts to this question...

1. Anyone know which CD displays have full graphics...I thought CD500 and 600 but not sure
2. Anyone got any idea how to add the video wire into the car loom so that I can connect one of the above displays up to my car which currently has a CD400 and NO full colour display?
Thanks
It's blank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn it! I spent ages typing it too!! Ha.
it is not possible at all to add a color display to the cd400
they speak in different formats and the software is not compatible
Well you just peed on my chips! Hahaha. Looks like I'm out of luck

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
aftermarket set up is the way forward for you
Okay then... Any idea what cheap (but half decent) after market setup you'd recommend? Rustys looked good but out of my price range

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
Seen a guy on the facebook page with what looked like a cd400 but the display said BT. He was streaming music via it which i didn't think was possible. Reg check says he has an Excite model. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk
that is a cd400 with usb module
So if the cd400 has USB and Bluetooth, you can stream your music via Bluetooth? I always thought you couldn't stream over bluetooth

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(22:nd-Jun-2016, 18:38:16)bhalay207 Wrote: [ -> ]So if the cd400 has USB and Bluetooth, you can stream your music via Bluetooth? I always thought you couldn't stream over bluetooth

You can get a Bluetooth module from raysmith for £249 which will allow you to stream music to your head unit.

Still here...Doris has the CD400 Plus with bluetooth and I can stream music from my Nexus 6p.
For about £40 extra you can have the M072 (S160) head unit which pretty much has everything you need.
(22:nd-Jun-2016, 19:12:42)stigeye Wrote: [ -> ]
(22:nd-Jun-2016, 18:38:16)bhalay207 Wrote: [ -> ]So if the cd400 has USB and Bluetooth, you can stream your music via Bluetooth? I always thought you couldn't stream over bluetooth

You can get a Bluetooth module from raysmith for £249 which will allow you to stream music to your head unit.

The module from Ray Smith is crap, I had one and promptly returned it.

Like I said, I wouldn't consider spending £250 on a bluetooth device when you can have sat nav, bt etc for just a bit more.