VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: 1.6T GTC vs 2.0 CDTi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, quite new to the forum but absolutely loving it!!

I'm thinking on upgrading from my 1.6 5 door astra to a 2.0 or 1.6t gtc and was wondering speed/fun wise what is funner?

Cheers!!

Sent from my HTC 0P6B900 using Tapatalk
Both will be much better than you have the 2.0 cdti is a good balance of power and eco and cheaper tax the 1.6 turbo is fast but high on fule and high on tax up to you really
1.6 all the way mate Smile smiles are better than miles Smile
(25:th-Jan-2016, 22:43:26)Kris Wrote: [ -> ]1.6 all the way mate Smile smiles are better than miles Smile
I like that saying [WINKING FACE] haha

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
1.6t is good but im getting about 25 mpg on average but I like hooning it. then you've got to consider if you could live with the m32 gearbox
Thanks guys, definitely going for 1.6T I don't do so many miles anyway cause my van so happy days!

Sent from my HTC 0P6B900 using Tapatalk
Diesel has a dpf so if you don't do many miles then it's more hassle than its worth.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(26:th-Jan-2016, 23:27:52)J1ODYA Wrote: [ -> ]Diesel has a dpf so if you don't do many miles then it's more hassle than its worth.

Only if you don't know how to drive it properly.

I've done just over 20,000 mostly town stop/start in almost 4yrs and not had a single DPF issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you go on regular long runs?

I've done 110000 miles without an issue lol all motorway miles though.

Not regular really mate maybe once every 6months I'll have a 200+ trip out somewhere.

But I always stretch her legs on dual carriageways locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk