VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Alex's Progress Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
New car

2011 Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 Cdti sri nav.

Since owning from janurary i have changed:

Engine, (only one died on 69k)
Flywheel
Clutch
Power steering pipe
Shock absorber
Fixed drivers speaker
Rear boot switch

In progress

Brakes and tyres.

[Image: 725ac7a06568ce7226bd344404d7f58e.file]

Thanks

Below old post.

Hi All,

New to this forum, i have never done this sort of thing. There isnt anything major i want to do at the moment.

My car is currently standard but as off today (20/01/2016) my current plans are really to retrofit the following:

Install fog lights,
Install up-level instrument cluster,
Install SRi leather steering wheel,
Install Genuine Vx Parking sensors and pair them with my car.
Change the headunit.

My car when i got it in september 2015. I am hoping to keep this post updated and maybe put together instructions in how to retrofit the items i am planning.

[Image: 39057f2a97f308e4557da5a8c52d51e4.jpg]

Thanks

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lovin your car, quite like the wheels, what size are they?
Its just standard spec astra excite but it has a few things with been a 2011 plate like a electronic hand brake because they removed some stuff after the facelift.

I think there 17" personally i think they look similar to the ones from the vx-line alloys Smile

Hi and welcome Alex, nice car and definitely keep the progress thread updated! I fitted aftermarket rears sensors but would have loved oem ones.

Welcome mate! Good to have you here and to see a progress thread and your plans! Remember you can message me or anyone else should you need help [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
I would fit aftermarket sensors if i cant get it to work Smile i would like to just see the sensors on the little screen if i can when i wire it up.

Just need to do some research on how it all fits together.

I think you need a vci code to have it on screen, @Rusty2009 is the man there

(20:th-Jan-2016, 19:29:34)Tonto Wrote: [ -> ]I think you need a vci code to have it on screen, @Rusty2009 is the man there

Thank you Smile ye i think rusty will be able to sort some of the stuff out for me. Itll be a nice 250 mile drive there and then 250 back in a petrol :/

Welcome, tidy looking car there mate.

No VCI needed for parking sensors GM won't give them out as you just turn them on.

But all doable.
(20:th-Jan-2016, 19:47:56)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome, tidy looking car there mate.

No VCI needed for parking sensors GM won't give them out as you just turn them on.

But all doable.

Oh wow really... Well I think I may do that too then as I can't stand my aftermarket ones lol!

Does the ecu for the parking sensors have any coding on it or once everything is hooked up will it work straight away.

Do you know of anywear i can get a schematic on where everything plugs into?

(20:th-Jan-2016, 19:58:04)AlexFitton Wrote: [ -> ]Does the ecu for the parking sensors have any coding on it or once everything is hooked up will it work straight away.

Do you know of anywear i can get a schematic on where everything plugs into?

It needs programming via SPS to set it all up and program it to your car but after that nothing unless there's a issue.

I can sort the schematics but look behind the flap in the boot (pass side) you may find you have some plugs that are needed already there.

And it's quicker to grab a new rear bumper loom with all the plugs on.
Thanks i will have a look later. Its a bit more expensive but i will out a best offer in so it should be cheaper.

This is the ecu.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/281730091721

And thes are the sensors.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/181976062682

(20:th-Jan-2016, 20:16:55)AlexFitton Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks i will have a look later. Its a bit more expensive but i will out a best offer in so it should be cheaper.

This is the ecu.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/281730091721

And thes are the sensors.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/181976062682

That is not the parking sensor ECU from a J.
Thanks rusty. I shall buy that now before anyone snaps it up.

welcome to vxoc
Does you car have a fuse box in the rear left hand side compartment @AlexFitton I'm sure there must be another odd car out there like mine that doesn't lol
(20:th-Jan-2016, 21:23:40)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]Does you car have a fuse box in the rear left hand side compartment @AlexFitton I'm sure there must be another odd car out there like mine that doesn't lol

Mine has it.

I think the excite was a limited edition or a model up from yours as when i was looking through your thread things like the lights in the visor, lights under the gearstick were all standard on the excite.

Hmmmm I always though the excite and the energy (what mine started life as) were the same but they renamed it...but just took a few things off my model for cost saving purposes or maybe because they introduced another model higher than it?
[Image: 522d44b82c681c4ea1db938499c4f452.jpg]

[Image: 832f120f88c01db550e16726b820069e.jpg]

Are the two loose wires for park assist?

Maybe yours is the one below mine? When i had a look on parkers ours were next to each other. But then maybe the preface energy was more like mine missing a few trim bits suchs as the lights. I know they took the electronic hand break off the excite after the facelift.

Yes mate they are.

The EPB was removed from all 5-doors from facelift unless customer added it.

On my car or yours? Mine has it from factory but never heard of anyone having it activated. You can always swap your switches over if you don't have it on your car [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

@alexfitton I can't seem to send you a message so that's what I tried to send to you regarding your last message to me. Check your mailbox isn't full [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I am probably missing something. The seller I am getting the park pilot off also has a harness for a gtc do you think this would fit if not does anyone have part number for the sensors. Theres on for an estate online but i think the wires would be different lenghs and it red.

The two cables you said were for park pilot looks different to the connections on the box.

[Image: pic_zpsbknrvn7q.jpg]
I'll grab you some pics later of mine, if he has the body to bumper loom I'd grab that as that I'm not 100% if the bumper loom from a GTC would fit though.
Thanks i will get it when he emails back. Its the same guy with the speedo. 

Did you have chance to look into if it was the same one? 

What program or site do you use is it possible for me to sign up it. Feel cheeky asking you all the time.
(21:st-Jan-2016, 10:07:42)AlexFitton Wrote: [ -> ]I am probably missing something. The seller I am getting the park pilot off also has a harness for a gtc do you think this would fit if not does anyone have  part number for the sensors. Theres on for an estate online but i think the wires would be different lenghs and it red.

The two cables you said were for park pilot looks different to the connections on the box.

The blue plug will go into the right hand side, then iirc the other one (that leads to the front goes in the middle) and the rear (which are missing (which will come with body to bumper loom) goes in the left).

(21:st-Jan-2016, 11:28:42)AlexFitton Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks i will get it when he emails back. Its the same guy with the speedo. 

What program or site do you use is it possible for me to sign up it. Feel cheeky asking you all the time.

Spoke to guy at VX parts desk and said should be fine but check about flexride.
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 08:13:48)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21:st-Jan-2016, 10:07:42)AlexFitton Wrote: [ -> ]I am probably missing something. The seller I am getting the park pilot off also has a harness for a gtc do you think this would fit if not does anyone have  part number for the sensors. Theres on for an estate online but i think the wires would be different lenghs and it red.

The blue plug will go into the right hand side, then iirc the other one (that leads to the front goes in the middle) and the rear (which are missing (which will come with body to bumper loom) goes in the left).

(21:st-Jan-2016, 11:28:42)AlexFitton Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks i will get it when he emails back. Its the same guy with the speedo. 

Spoke to guy at VX parts desk and said should be fine but check about flexride.

Thanks rusty. The plugs just look alot smaller in the picture.

Whats flexride?

Flex ride is where you change the setting of the suspension
It doesnt actually say. It says adpl on the sticker and the part number is 13424042.

[Image: 46679da458853ed93c151c34fc6d07ca.jpg]

Test fit of the parking sensors control module. Just need to find sensors look now.

There is currently one on ebay for an estate but there in red. Want to try wait abit for some silver or black ones atleast to pop up.

Although it appared to be slightly different than what you said and they was on opposite sides not.

The black one goes in the left and blue on the right.

first piece of the puzzle good luck
Do you think it would be possible to use this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Vauxha...SwKtlWk79z

Its the Genuine GM Park Pilot kit, it doesn't say it'll work with the astra j but all i want is the body to bumper loom, sensors and grommets for the holes.

Edit:

On second thoughts i don't think it will work. The connect looks like an all in one think for the cables that plug into the module.
Yep deffo won't work the sensor plugs are wrong.

I'll look the other parts up you need tomorrow, can you PM your reg.

I use EPC there isn't a free online version, it costs £10 a time to access it.

Although an offline version is around but it's 2yrs out of date.

(22:nd-Jan-2016, 22:01:28)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep deffo won't work the sensor plugs are wrong.

I'll look the other parts up you need tomorrow, can you PM your reg.

I use EPC there isn't a free online version, it costs £10 a time to access it.

Although an offline version is around but it's 2yrs out of date.

Sent you a PM.
I'll get on tomorrow

Just picked up a leather steering wheel for when i get round to swapping my speedo! Smile feels so much better than the vinyl one.

Whats peoples opinions in the tinted headlights with the led wing sidelights? I really like them but is it really worth paying the money to swap.

I like them and think they'd be awesome but you then have to remove, fill in and respray the original indicate holes. Too much of a hassle and money imo.

Led wing sidelights?

They would be genuine vauxhall ones not custom made. Il find a picture online.

[Image: 515104631f0539afb3b16c3be329f132.jpg]

They come on the limited edition astra.

(23:rd-Jan-2016, 22:27:20)AlexFitton Wrote: [ -> ]They would be genuine vauxhall ones not custom made. Il find a picture online.

[Image: 515104631f0539afb3b16c3be329f132.jpg]

They come on the limited edition astra.

They're the ones I have mate, come with other models too but they won't work with your car as you current have the halogens and apparently the car doesn't like the LED ones if you have halogens

Typical.

Led bulb it is then when i eventually get round to swapping them for something whiter.

(23:rd-Jan-2016, 22:36:48)AlexFitton Wrote: [ -> ]Typical.

Led bulb it is then when i eventually get round to swapping them for something whiter.

Yeah loads of people have asked about this but no one has got it working

That's not a wing LED lol it's the LED DRL/Sidelight.

No one has asked me to try the wiring is all same I'm sure just a VCI to get the config on the BCM for LED is all that's needed.

Look at it this way AFL uses LED's and I got all the config files via a VCI for that.

The design on the side lights its call a wing i think if irc.

I will just continue to look on ebay and see if a cheap pair come up otherwise il prob leave it.

do not fit them unless they have the ballasts for the LED DRL on the headlights
so make sure they have them if you find any sure rusty can sort wiring and vci if needed
well worth doing have a good look about
(24:th-Jan-2016, 01:56:18)tucpal Wrote: [ -> ]do not fit them unless they have the ballasts for the LED DRL on the headlights
so make sure they have them if you find any sure rusty can sort wiring and vci if needed

I will just keep an eye out see what i can find.

Could probably just add some resistors to it rather than coding but i dont know what the connects are like. Will leave that for now anyway i have other things to sort out Smile

(24:th-Jan-2016, 01:56:18)tucpal Wrote: [ -> ]do not fit them unless they have the ballasts for the LED DRL on the headlights

I spoke with a guy at VX as I couldn't find find ballasts in the EPC (apart from for AFL units) he said the ballasts are built in.
You are right the ballast (LED driver) is build in the headlamp.
The pinout for the halogen and LED DRL headlamp is the same.
I have fitted the LED version on my J. Looks great but I have problem with programing the BCM.
Currently I have solved with preresistor (I don't like it in near future I will try to fix the BCM.)
Smile
[Image: d39b360490bf12018b580bbf2b0e8940.jpg]

So the facelift version of my car comes with led daytime running lights and a sri steering wheel.

Pages: 1 2