VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Boot Unlock Option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

So vx updated all my system the other day and now for some reason when I turn off the car and get out (end of the day when I get home or when I get to the office) the boot remains locked... It never used to work like that, anyone know if there's an option on the car that I need to enable or disable to get it back like it was?

Ta

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
No option unless they've added something seems strange tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They defo added something as there used to be an option called "remote unlocking" or something and now it says "remote unlocking, something else and remote starting"!! Weird...
Very strange

Remote starting... As in start car while locked and your getting ready to leave???

Yep mate [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] it's an option on some models (seems to be foreign models). I never used to have the option but do after the update but obviously can't do anything with it as I don't have the key or hardware to support it! [PENSIVE FACE]

Hmm as I'll be keeping car for a few years (longer if cost worthy) I wonder if it'll become a possible retrofit that's easy to do.

Pulled this from another thread on here but there's a third party company (they have a site) called secure my car who offer this service:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czpxxUg-wvo

That seems like the best route to go down TBH...however not sure what they charge!
I think is literally just want it to start/stop engine and that's it. You've got keys to open/lock doors etc. But I bet they're extortionate lol.

I'll enquire Wink
My car was updated yesterday and i didn't have this option lol. They updated mine to get rid of my service park assist error - which of course, was still there after it... lol
Do they update the car during a major service or do you have to request specifically?

Cheers,
Stephen
In the options check for anti high jack or something, my old elite did something similar after its first service and they applied the updates. With the option enabled the car should unlock all doors after you turn the ignition off.

(14:th-Jan-2016, 14:35:45)stephenjlord Wrote: [ -> ]Do they update the car during a major service or do you have to request specifically?

Cheers,
Stephen
Normally the dealership would do this at the time of the service
(14:th-Jan-2016, 17:44:04)JohnL Wrote: [ -> ]In the options check for anti high jack or something, my old elite did something similar after its first service and they applied the updates. With the option enabled the car should unlock all doors after you turn the ignition off.

(14:th-Jan-2016, 14:35:45)stephenjlord Wrote: [ -> ]Do they update the car during a major service or do you have to request specifically?

Cheers,
Stephen
Normally the dealership would do this at the time of the service
Hey, I don't have that option [PENSIVE FACE] I don't have any that seem like they would cause this behaviour... I'll have to take some photos of the options and see of we can figure out which may be causing it.

Alternatively... Will the explanations of each option be in the log book?

I doubt they will be in the log book mate PMSL.

Might be in the handbook that came with the car.

Same thing! Haha. I found this though which sounds like it may be something related... Will check it out in the morning

[Image: 2abff8b95e0cb41e927c59428a621f9a.jpg]

I was right [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] auto door lock is also auto door Unlock and for some reason after the update it was turned off. Back on and works fine and as it used too

It's not the same thing lol.

It will restore to factory settings after an update so all settings need to be reset.