VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: VCI without installed part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Anyone know if it's possible to have a VCI code requested (officially) and programmed to the car without the part it's being installed to control being installed in the car?

Thanks

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
No it needs the part in place
Noooo! [CRYING FACE] ha.

I struck it lucky with the Astra j not needing a VCI for anything just activation
Indeed you did mate! I'm totally nackered [PENSIVE FACE] spent 5 hours today getting the bumper off and looking for the headlight harness so I could wire in the new loom rusty made for me but it doesn't seem to exist! And I have no time to try again any time soon to see if it's there (pretty sure it aint though) and had someone lined up to do the VCI next week! [PENSIVE FACE]

You might get away with for the fogs mate just put the switch in. the FOG bulbs aren't on the canbus so it wont look for them.
Hmmm if I can then that would be great as then it gives me time to find the mystery harness ha. I'll ring the bloke doing the VCI for me tomorrow and see what he thinks as at the end of the day he'd the one who's gonna say yes or no ain't he whether he's right or wrong

Said they can't do it without the full fogs being installed [PENSIVE FACE]