VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Well Thats A Shock To The System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So today I took the car in for a full service and all is well that side. I ask them to have a look around aswell for me (ghosts in the machine) and they have come back to me saying that my front pads are going low and will need doing which is not an issue. Then they have come across a crack coil spring on the rear. What the hell has that happened?
Hit a pothole too hard?

Haven't you fitted lowering springs?
Lowering springs are fitted. To be honest I cannot remember hitting a pothole, but I have speed bumps in my street would constant up and down do anything to the spring or is it the case that I have a dodgy batch that were made. Defo coilovers now.
Almost all Vauxhalls have spring snapping issues. Very well known issue - Vectra C's are especially bad for springs snapping.
Very common as said rears are naff
I've never had a problem with the VX springs then again I don't use a hump as a launch pad.

But the OP doesn't have VX springs so that's not the issue. What make are springs Si?
Eibach springs I have on it. Have had another delivered and sent the broken one back. so all back to normal now.