VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Display question? Retrofit!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, glad to be back, got a new job & it's getting all my time. Now I'm back & good to go for tuning

So the first thing that I want to start tuneing is the display. I have the cd400 on my car.
Found a seller in my country that sells the holder & a broken display & another ebay seller that sells the lcd unit, he told me that it will fit in my 2011 sports tourer.
Now my big project is like this:
Display + Intel NUC + cameras = super high geek car

The main idea is to fit this display to be able to connect a mini pc. Im kinda noobish when it comes to in car displays. Anyway, I have reached to a conclusion after reading lots of stuff on the Internet, it seems like I have to get a multimedia converter or something like that to be able to connect anything to the display.

Questions,
- How can I mod the display to connect it to an hdmi or vga port on the mini pc.
- Do I need some kind of software to be able to see what the old cd400 diaplayed?

I really badly want to mod my car, I know this is a huge project, bare with me guys

Links:
Bad display http://olx.ro/oferta/display-ecran-bord-...4fuyY.html

Replacement :
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...83&alt=web

Love you all

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Welcome back Alienbv , look forward to seeing how you get on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good what is intel nuc?

(13:th-Jul-2015, 18:50:53)Lewis6317 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good what is intel nuc?

Hey Lewis, well NUC means NEXT UNIT OF COMPUTING. Basically its a super small PC unit that contains a processor, ram & ssd/hdd. Just google it & you will see whats all about

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I wish you luck with this.
I asked the question of getting the CD400 to work with a colour display and was told it wasn't possible as the two transfer data in different ways. Hopefully you can sort something.
I'd love the colour display with my CD400. Shame it cant be done.

Good luck with this project. The only issue i see is if you keep the standard HU where will you put the original display?