VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Squeak when turning steering wheel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Squeak when turning steering wheel, getting really annoying now anybody else got it?
Were from the wheel or the steering wheel
The steering wheel, used to be intermittent but it's all the time now.

Will try and get a video tomorrow.
no problem with my one
you may be best to remove the steering cowl cover and see what is going on first
Here's the video

There are two screws on the back of the cover check there not sticking out
rusty some one did have this problem a while back just can not remember were the post was
Ok mate I'll have a look when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like a noise dry rubber would make... Although I'm clutching at straws here.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(20:th-Jun-2015, 13:49:23)bhalay207 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a noise dry rubber would make... Although I'm clutching at straws here.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,
Any one found a solution yet for this squeak yet . My missus has an Astra J we bought last week and it's doing the same thing.

Cheers ....     Newbie
I've still not got round to looking.
it sounds to me like plastic rubbing (rather than a noisy bearing)
something like the the steering wheel touching the cowling - have you had the cowling or wheel off recently?
(12:th-Sep-2019, 20:40:22)niteram Wrote: [ -> ]it sounds to me like plastic rubbing (rather than a noisy bearing)
something like the the steering wheel touching the cowling - have you had the cowling or wheel off recently?
Car just came from a dealer. Phoned him and he says steering wheel not removed etc. It only seems to make a sound when making small turns in town roads. I drove it up  the motorway 150 miles when I picked it up for my wife and never noticed it. I admit its not a mechanical sound but an irritating little squeak ... ehheeee ehee Smile