VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Fuel tank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So after vauxhall having my car for a number of days.
My fuel tank is a baffle less tank.

Anyone know why? As i can hear the fuel and is f*****g annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So have they replaced it with one that doesn't have baffles then or did it never have them? Mine was the same as yours and I kicked off until they put a new one in for me
that has been a known problem for ages on the 1.7cdti
surly they would have sorted this out by now
My old 2.0cdti was baffleless but the VXR does have baffles. Wonder if it's a diesel thing
never really heard any problems with the petrol cars having this issue
but the diesels are very common with this problem
Yeah mines the 1.7 diesel which would explain why I had the issue
I can hear my fuel sometimes, but only when its been filled and it sloshes about when i stop.

Is this normal?
That's normal but indicates you don't have baffles in your tank. Mine used to be the same as yours and it annoyed me so I spoke with Vauxhall and asked them to installed a tank with baffles and now I never hear fuel sloshing
Are they likely to do that under warranty though?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
They did for me Smile
did they change the tank or just add the baffle?
Not sure Yanno, they never actually said and it was one of the first things I had done so never thought to ask.
They would of just added the baffles like I told you Lewis it's a conmen problem on the 1.7CDTI.
mine don't have baffles if i ask them will they fit them for me
I wouldn't have thought so but no harm in trying

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(22:nd-Sep-2015, 20:56:41)bhalay207 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't have thought so but no harm in trying

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
thank u for ur respond

my car still under warranty so i'm gonna give it a try
Let us no the outcome bud. @rusty2009 they said would have to be a new tank as its a sealed part

Hi mate, one of the first things I had done u see warranty. They put baffles in the tank. Don't know how they did it but after them having it for a day it was done