VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: How to stop Interior Trim Rattles from Passenger side area Astra J.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 9nd4_zpsea5fce57.jpg]

This How to will Stop Rattles that Appear to be Coming from the Seat Belt or A Pillar Area.

For a while now i have a Wired Rattle that seems to come from the Passenger Side Area
Around the Seat Belt or A Pillar Area and i have not been Able to Put my Finger on were Exactly it has been Coming From

[Image: trim%20sp%20006_zpsbagskczt.jpg]

I Noticed if i Pushed Down on the Console in the Headliner This would Stop
So i came up with a Very Simple Solution that works.

The Rattle is a Vibration Rattle Due to a Foam Block in the Console in the Headliner not being as Tight a Fit as it Should
This makes the Sound Travel and makes it Hard to Pin Point were it is Coming From  
So a very Simple Solution was call For and it Works.

Remove the Trim with the Two Vents from the Console in the Headliner
and inside at the Back you will see a Foam Block Simply Push a Sponge in between
the Block and the Roof this will Stop the Vibration Rattle that Travels to the Seat Belt Area.

[Image: trim%20sp%20001_zpsu0k1aqjr.jpg]

[Image: trim%20sp%20002_zpsthltenxp.jpg]

[Image: trim%20sp%20003_zpswrkmswir.jpg]

[Image: trim%20sp%20004_zpsloqrx6ty.jpg]

[Image: trim%20sp%20005_zpsevkgplra.jpg]

This will also Stop Any Rattles you may have from the Console Itself also
Some have Suggested Adding Sticky Tads to the Trim but this Works just as Good Also
a Very Simple Solution But this Really has Worked.
Nice one mate I do get a squeaking noise from the passenger seat belt when it's in use Just haven't be ****d to look into.
its a strange fix but it works
I think this may be the same issue I'm seeing!! Took me ages to pin point it as I only heard it at high speeds on gravel style roads. I noticed that smacking the roof console area did make it go away for a while so must be the issue you mention...will give this a go Smile thanks
If it works let me know
Will do mate! Smile haven't heard it for a few days though..have a new one which seems to either be coming from the passenger seat or somewhere in the rear :-/ lol
I used blu tac on mine a while back, think I seen it suggested in here. Out of a few rattles/vibrations this was the loudest. So glad it's fixed, real annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I have an annoying rattle which almost sounds like metal on metal coming from the NSR somewhere. Doesn't do it all the time however.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
I have also been getting this intermittently so whilst I was putting my USB sockets in today I placed a sponge up there, if this solves that I will be forever grateful!
hope so mate