VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Remove Chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

So as much as I love bits of chrome here and there and I won't stop until I have chrome window trim! I'm thinking that my chrome handles aren't that good anymore and might remove them.

Anyone got any idea if the 3M tape will take the paint off with it when I try to remove it? Is it tougher to get off that the badges?

Thanks
is it them cheap tacky that Tucpal had fitted?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-opel-...339db65698

If so I would say some heat and all should be fine but Tucpal will no doubt tell you if I'm wrong Lol
Yeah they're the ones....hahaha. They look tackier the more I look at them. Take it tucpal thought the same thing? :P
Just in the middle of removing it now and it's coming off easily Smile just used how water to loosen the glue, string to pull it away from the car a bit and then a trim removal tool to get behind it and yank it off!
i removed them after a year just heat them up and pull them off but they were stuck very well
and no damage to the paint lots of heat is the trick
Yeah did just the thing but with hot water and they came off easy enough. Take it your car doesn't have the chrome inserts in the handles then?
no there just color coded
Same as mine then..sure I'll be able to do the chrome door trim but those handles may be tricky!
the factory chrome handles are built in so if you were after them you would have to swap them over
rusty has the factory chrome ones on his car
Yeah I found that out too, have been on eBay looking for some but gonna be next to impossible to find some in my colour and a set of 4 too!
they are rare
I'm still after a painted set in carbon flash, I like the chrome but think the little bit on the handle is tacky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shame you don't have the same colour car as me and we could swap :P ha