VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Front camera retrofit for Lane departure and traffic sign assist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm hoping to retrofit the Front camera that is used for Lane departure and traffic sign assist.

I know I will need the following

Windscreen
Switch for camera
Camera
Mirror loom

I have sourced a camera at a bargain price of £52 (instead of £500+), It was a gamble buy as it's listed on EPC as a 3 door.
I have ordered the Mirror loom for £18 as I want to see if I can talk to the camera before buying a new windscreen.

Has anybody with a 5-door got the front camera? as I would like them to get some pics of it if possible.
Good luck on this one lol
nice mate, if this work i am deffo game for this :P I need a new windscreen by end of year as have so many stone chips in it already....
Right the loom arrived today. So I went out plugged it in along with the camera and plugged the vauxcom on and I picked up the camera.

I can tell its a brand new camera as it has no VIN or software programmed into it.

I shall now order the button I need and I shall start hunting for a new windscreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awwww mate :-p thats awesome

So I've had a little play today TIS won't let me program the camera says I need a VCI (fair enough) I can set the camera up.

Then I popped over to the IPC programming and it wanted to download new software.

Once done I checked though the menus and it's given me a new one.

[ATTACH]278[/ATTACH]

What is that??

That is the "following distance indication" on page 186 in the handbook
AAAAHHHHHH mate i want the camera tooo lol
where and how much lol ..... part number give me something hahahaha
Mate the camera is £500 but I have found it cheaper.
[MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] mate would this be ok for rear cam?
http://www.halfords.com/sat-nav-audio/ca...-2m-bundle
Yes mate you will lose your factory Bluetooth.
Is this different to the camera that comes with high beam assist?
Totally different mate,

But looking at the list on GDS this does high beam assist too.

[ATTACH]281[/ATTACH]

Will good to see this workimg and whether the wiring is the same as HBA
Wiring is totally different mate this camera uses a different plug with more wires the HBA mirror.

Also this camera uses the empty button (if you have one) next to the park sensors button.

Also there is a button on the steering wheel.

With GDS you can control the following functions

High Beams
Lane Departure Warning Indicator
Lane Departure Warning Switch
Forward Collision Alert Switch
Might look into this for the VXR
Do you have the part number for the camera, loom and switch. Seen some cameras on ebay
Baz can you check I've picked the right part numbers please I will PM you my reg if you need it.

13376078 SWITCH, CRUISE CONTROL, BLACK (FOR CRUISE CONTROL, POC K33) (FOR FRONT CAMERA, POC UFL)

13288076 SWITCH, ASSY., MULTI-PURPOSE, RH, BLACK (IDENT PJ) (EXCEPT ADVANCED PARKING ASSISTANT) (FOR FRONT CAMERA, POC UFL / UVT) (FOR FRONT AND REAR PARKING PILOT, POC UD5 / UD7) (PRODUCTION NO. 13277578)

13398902 WINDSCREEN, RHD (FOR RAIN SENSOR) (FOR FRONT CAMERA, POC UFL)

Kept it all within my Range on EPC.
Will do mate you got camera and loom numbers
Camera 22866868
loom I got was 13378818

There are 3 on ebay at the minute all from the same seller just at different prices

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Front...54063c1321

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Front...54063c150d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Astra-J-K...51be58ca84

I got mine from a seller called morangos22 I paid £52 for mine brand new.
I saw them bottom one is a different part number
Bottom one comes back as an INSIGNIA MOKKA camera
Part numbers look good you might need a new windscreen mount 13368234
Cool thanks mate.
I think they come fixed to the screen already mate.

£240 autovaux want for the screen not too bad TBH
[MENTION=18]cornishtaz[/MENTION],

the he seller I got my camera has some again,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Camera-F...35e3fe2b59

I made him an offer and got it cheaper.
I will be getting one i think lol

Lane departure button fitted.

[ATTACH]340[/ATTACH]

yes it's the advanced parking assist button but works just the same, thanks to you know who Wink_1

Nice :-) just cam to go then ?

Just the windscreen and steering wheel button to get I've emailed Autovaux to find out what the P&P charge will be and also it the bracket comes on the screen already.
the brackets are separate.
Ok mate I thought they came already on a new windscreen
Right Autovaux came back to me today the windscreen does come with the bracket, the problem now is Vauxhall have discontinued the above windscreen part number so they trying to find out the new part number.
Autovaux came back today, Vauxhall still do the above windscreen part number just they have no stock and no supplier of it.

So I need to order it and wait.
can you not just modify the one you have ??
I thought about that but I don't know where cam sits nor the size of the cut out etc, had a look around both dealers and no 5 doors have the camera.

I do need a new screen anyway as I have a stone chip that's been repaired but MOT guy said it will still fail as its visible and in the drivers field of view.

Front screen is has been ordered just waiting now

cool Thumbs
[MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] Man stop modding your freaking cool car... I'm getting crazy because of you Smile OMG I will start modding my car next month Big grin [MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] please stop teasing us Wink Im crying now & its 2:48 am here Big grin cant sleep because im reading this freaking awesome forum. Daaaaamn im freaking out now Big grin
Log off cause you got to sleep [MENTION=339]Alienbv[/MENTION] Big grin)))
I think this will be my last retro fit I did want to do the advanced park assist but not just yet Lol
hi i have been trying to tell him this for ages. he does not understand the word NO. you best bet to help him stop is to tell everyone out there who says it cant be done to shut up as Rusty has to prove them wrong. I am fed up of this myself but it is like talking to a brick wall just in my case i have more chance getting a brick wall to get up and dance then every have Rusty listen to me HIS WIFE lol
[MENTION=324]Nuttynat[/MENTION] I searched the internet for a good forum & wonderful guys like Rusty & the other awesome guys here but havent found those qualities only here. I like to repair mobile phones/laptops/tablets, its a hobby of mine. I bought my car 1 year ago from germany & im in love with it "opel astra sports tourer". The other day I was surfing the net in search for a way to paint the center console trim & in my search I stumbled here on this forum, so I started reading most of the posts here & found out that its not only fool proof, its just perfect. Im glad your husband is a "Nerd" like me. This is what we men love to do. Tinker with stuff that we have Wink Im also newly married Wink & my wife started to like my ideas for the car. So thank God I got a good wife as you are for your Rusty Wink
I think what annoys [MENTION=324]Nuttynat[/MENTION] more is I just go oh by the way I'm doing this (never ask if I can as I know the answer will be no).

But she's ok as long as I do something to her car too, and I can always rope her into getting her hands dirty too which is a bonus.
Rusty2009 Wrote:I think what annoys [MENTION=324]Nuttynat[/MENTION] more is I just go oh by the way I'm doing this (never ask if I can as I know the answer will be no).

But she's ok as long as I do something to her car too, and I can always rope her into getting her hands dirty too which is a bonus.
So you found her weakness Or maybe she found your weakness? You are like; baby im going to add a thermal camera would you help me? Oh no you won't ! Unless you add eyebrows to my cars headlight
[Image: 2e9ad20ec21bff4c9aec6a6d7f7fd048.jpg]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't be adding eyelashes to her headlights lol.

she wants footwell lighting can't think what else lol.
What I want in my poo car is mud flaps, alarm, sound deadening, sun strip, no more dents, five doors, the blue colour and to put cherry on top insurance for about £100 for the year then I will have a perfect car oh and no MORE BLOODY FAULTS
My windscreen has arrived in Yorkshire now debating do I drive up or pay £40 postage.

drive i would not trust anyone with glass  Wink
Paid the courier cost mate at least if it gets damaged or broken on the way I'm not paying for a new screen, Plus I've sorned the J for a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3