VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Finally picked up my astra 1.4 turbo limited edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got the windows tinted now off to MIJ exhaust to get duplex exhaust fitted will post pics later
Looking forward to seeing the pics!
nice straight in with the mods look forward to seeing it
New pics of astra
Looks nice mate.
Still not 100% sure on the tips might change them to oval what you guys think
Jon3166 Wrote:Still not 100% sure on the tips might change them to oval what you guys think

I was thinking they didn't quite look right. Oval does look better think it's due to curves of the J Lol
When he showed them next to the car the square did look better but now they are installed on the car they don't quite fit the character of the J
looks ugly with those 4 rubish pipes.. lol
Also they sit quite low down would of looked better if the trim was cut to go over them.

I've started mine Lol

[Image: cutout.jpg]

End result

[Image: Twin%20exhaust.jpg]
Looks good rusty oem bi turbo look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The trim is cut under but The rest is actually the bumper not the black trim like on urs so was unsure of cutting into the bumper
car looks good :cool

most places will not cut out the trim for the tail pipes they leave that to you
and changing them now to go up a bit will be hard now they dont look that bad
At MIJ they trimmed the underside of the bumper with a dremel he asked me prior to starting the install going higher might be a issue but defo gonna change the tips
Jonika21 Wrote:Looks good rusty oem bi turbo look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the plan now my mechanic has is problems sorted I can get it booked for it to be done at last.

Jon3166 Wrote:The trim is cut under but The rest is actually the bumper not the black trim like on urs so was unsure of cutting into the bumper

It didn't look like it was, I must be going blind Lol

tucpal Wrote:most places will not cut out the trim for the tail pipes they leave that to you

When I popped into Mike stokes to get a price they moaned that I shouldn't have cut out the trim as it might be wrong, I did explain the chassis is setup for a duplex system and I have a factory tip I want to use with the mounting plate they seemed a little confused Lol.